Need motivated again.

I am currently on my recovery week of Insanity and I noticed myself slacking a lot! I am not motivated or excited as I was at the start of Insanity. I also am slacking on my diet. Can you guys help me to catch my fire again?

Replies

• keep2it
    keep2it Posts: 8 Member
    Try this: get on the scales and look at your current weight. Then go and pick up something heavy like books, hand weights, tinned food (whatever) and get back on the scales. Keep picking things up until you are holding enough that the reading on the scale is equal to your starting weight.

Now stop and take it in. That is how much weight you have lost so far. That is how much extra load you used to carry around with you every day. That is how much extra stress you used to put on your body. If you really want to feel it, put all the items you have gathered into a backpack or two carry bags and go for a walk.

Now put it all down. You don't want to go back to that. So take a deep breath, think about all the things you have been doing well that got you this far, and keep going.
  • arnie421
    arnie421 Posts: 16
    Thank You. I will try that out.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    :flowerforyou:
    Try this: get on the scales and look at your current weight. Then go and pick up something heavy like books, hand weights, tinned food (whatever) and get back on the scales. Keep picking things up until you are holding enough that the reading on the scale is equal to your starting weight.

Now stop and take it in. That is how much weight you have lost so far. That is how much extra load you used to carry around with you every day. That is how much extra stress you used to put on your body. If you really want to feel it, put all the items you have gathered into a backpack or two carry bags and go for a walk.

Now put it all down. You don't want to go back to that. So take a deep breath, think about all the things you have been doing well that got you this far, and keep going.

of all the advice I have seen given to get someone "motivated", I like this thebest