p90 vs p90x

dmags
dmags Posts: 303
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
What is the difference? Is it better to start with one than the other?

Replies

• byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    If you are new to working out then P90 is better. P90X is much more extreme, hence "X"). But it sounds like a lot of people on MFP started with P90X and did fine. It has modified moves...just do what you can if you go that route. Another difference is the Power 90 is about half the cost of P90X.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    I went directly to P90x. I couldn't pass the test but I started anyways and did what I could. I just finished week #3 today. Next week is my recovery week. First week was hard but after that it gets easier. I even find that when I am done a workout and I don't "feel" it that maybe I didn't push myself hard enough even though I know I did because I wear a HRM lol I love P90x :smile:
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    I didn't know there was a p90 before I started p90x :laugh: I found out about p90x from both a coworker and cousin. I did ok, not great, on the fit test (failed the pull ups as expected), but so far so good! Currently in the middle of week 4 and doing great! Most of the workouts kick my butt but I'm definitely getting better at strength and flexibility. LOVE it!! :love:
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    thanks everyone.
This discussion has been closed.