Frustrated and in Pain...

Options
I have knee problems and I just dread working out. I hate it and don't want to do it. I know, I sound so negative, but I'm in too much pain and there truly isn't too much I can do about... I've tryed everything.
I need surgery but the sucess rate is only 30% and not worth spending the money if it may not work...

*Any ideas or tips to get in a work out with out hurting my knees, and getting my lazy *kitten* off the couch?

*How often do you weigh yourself... it's been two weeks since I've started my life change and too scared to see if I've lost because I don't want to be disappointed?

Replies

• DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have knee problems and I just dread working out. I hate it and don't want to do it. I know, I sound so negative, but I'm in too much pain and there truly isn't too much I can do about... I've tryed everything.
    I need surgery but the sucess rate is only 30% and not worth spending the money if it may not work...

*Any ideas or tips to get in a work out with out hurting my knees, and getting my lazy *kitten* off the couch?

*How often do you weigh yourself... it's been two weeks since I've started my life change and too scared to see if I've lost because I don't want to be disappointed?
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I love that you call it a life change and not a diet! :drinker: Good for you!

I weigh on Mondays (found that if I weigh on Friday I splurge more on weekend than if I have to be accountable on Monday). I also take my measurements at that time. Start tracking both so that even when the scale is stuck, you can see the progress on the tape measure!

Depending on your knee condition, aim for low impact. Swimming is the most obvious choice. Biking with the seat as far back as you can but that you can still reach the pedals is another option. Start a lifting regimen to boost metabolism as well. It will take some time, but is worth it in the end!

:drinker: Good luck!
    Arianne
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice.

And this is a life change... not just a quick fix, atleast that's how I feel! :smile:

I'll try biking more often and maybe yoga!
  • mamatjtr
    mamatjtr Posts: 20
    Options
    try wadding or swimming or walking in the pool, go to a gym that has a pool and talk to a trainer
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Options
    I like windsor pilates... It is mostly floor excercises.... and it has helped me... can you walk? just walking may be good.
  • marshall153
    marshall153 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I agree, try swimming or a water sport
  • TheGimp
    TheGimp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also have knee problems. Run a few google searches to see if there are any special exercises that could help with whichever condition you have. Even though you can't afford the surgery right now, is there a doctor you can talk to in order to find out other ways to help your knees? The suggestions people have given are the best options in general. What kind of knee condition do you have?
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    swimming or water aerobics would be good, they are not weight-bearing exercises so shouldn't stress your knee too much