Could use a little help

jamie31
jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok so i have lost a total of 129lbs over the last year. I am a 6'1" (almost 6'2") female that weighs 195lbs. I would ideally like to get to 185lbs. I workout alot ( about 3 hours a day) doing such things as Insanity, p90x, Turbo Jam, Jillian Micheals workouts, running and weight training. I know that I need to start finding a happy balance for my body ( calories/exercise). I am currently eating 1900 calories a day. I am in a huge deficit because i exercise so much. My main question is that I need to get to the point where I can make my way to maintaining yet I dont want to completely shock my system. Such as dramatically upping my calories or dramatically cutting my workouts. Does anyone happen to have any ideas on how i can play around with this so find what is right for me?

Also i work 2 jobs ( a day job 730-4pm) and a bar job (8pm to 3am) so some nites i am only getting a few hours of sleep a nite. I am finding that the next day that I am uncontrollably hungry. What can I do to help with this hunger instead of going hog wild and eating bad foods ( carbs, starches, junk food) that my body seems to crave?

Replies

• debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Congratulations on all the weight loss, that is awesome!

I used to work nights and only get a couple hours of sleep also. When I changed my schedule I lost ten lbs almost immediately. Your body needs sleep, in order to make up for not getting it-it sends you those cravings. The only way I know how to fix that is to get more sleep--you can also try to eat high volume foods that fill you up, it may help.

As far as balancing out I would slowly increase your cals and drop your exercise a little at a time, 30 minutes less for a week, a 100 calories more for a week and find the balance by what your body tells you.

I honestly don't know how you have managed to fit in all that exercise. You are amazing!
This discussion has been closed.