Anyone Over 200lbs?

Options
Well, i've been on MFP for 3 weeks now. I'm logging all my food, I started exercising 3 times a week for 20 minutes each, increasing each week by 10 minutes. (I'm up to at least 3x a week for 40 -45 minutes each week). For the most part I seem to be exercising 6 days a week. When do you see results? I feel like I haven't moved from where I started. I look the same, I feel the same. I just want to know that this is working. I think I've lost the pound a week thing. I'm not looking to have everything just melt away in an instant (boy, wouldn't it be nice if it did?) but I just want some confirmation of some sort. I'll admit I'm weird but I'm not crazy.

Replies

• PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I'm over 200 lbs, I did drop about 30 lbs when I started up my routine
  • animalgurl000
    animalgurl000 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I've been logging exactly 30 days today and I've lost 11 pounds. I really dont expect to lose like this every month. My SW was 249 and im at 238. I am 5'8. I eat about 1770 cals a day give or take. What is your calorie goal?
  • animalgurl000
    animalgurl000 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh ya and i work out about 3 days a week
  • xoTalim
    xoTalim Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I've lost almost 50 pounds but I don't see a change in my body(eventhough my clothes are a good indicator that I have changed). Try taking some pictures every once in a while and compare them. You'll see a difference and it'll help keep you motivated. (:
  • ladeechante
    Options
    I am over 200 so we would be a great support to one another add me as a friend. I started a cardio aerobics dvd and I think I need to start something milder because after 15 minutes my chest started hurting I've been out of commission on exercise all winter, I am excited that you are up to 45 minutes I was disappointed I only got 15 mins in, you will be my motivation :)
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and I started at 250. Today I am 174. Please just stick with it. It took me a good 45lbs to really see and feel a difference. It will come off and you will notice changes soon!
  • thebigbige
    thebigbige Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    are you drinking over 100 ounces of water a day. Your body needs that much to just get rid of the crap in your system.
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    226 here. Started at 415 a number of years ago. Lost nearly a 100 (98) of that with the assistance of MFP. Being 6'4 I'm not sure it will be wise to get under 200 pounds so my goal is 208.
  • TheTratz
    TheTratz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you're doing this properly, you'll see results. It's just a matter of time. Took me several weeks to really see/feel the impact. Just stick to it.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I'm over that. I do mostly water aerobics. I've been here a while and been up and down with a few health issues, but when I am on my game eating well, drinking water and doing water aerobics 3 -4 days a week the pounds fall off.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    try measuring
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    It took me about 5 weeks before I started to see any progress... Just keep at it you will get there
  • Pandaschaefer
    Options
    Am way over 200 lbs right now...have lost 38 lbs in the time I've been logging on here so far and I'm only now just beginning to see any kind of change in my face...let alone my body. Don't give up! Think of it this way...even if you can't see the results right now...you ARE doing something great for your body, your health, and your future!:smile:
  • Erodahs
    Erodahs Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm over 349 ish and it took awhile for me to start dropping one or two pounds at a time but recently I've been doing a lot at a time soo give it some time man =)
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I started out at 200 in Jan (was over that previously but dropped some weight before I got really serious). I am now low 180's. I workout 3 times a week (30 day shred and wii zumba). My calorie intake is 1550, and I eat most exercise calories back.

About the end of the first week of March I noticed a difference physically. So, roughly 15-20 pounds lost I noticed. But 30 day shred helps lose inches, which I only noticed at this time (I did measure and wasn't getting results, but it finally happened).

So, it will happen for you, and you'll feel great as you do!
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Ya :O
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I started at 224lbs. It has been a process but i started to notice when i had lost 15lbs
  • shorty458
    shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My husband was. He was about 230lbs at his heaviest. He got down to 165, gained a little back (got off the diet, but now back on) and is 171. So, it can be done. He really didn't work out at all. Except for walking the dog and just tracked everything he ate on here.
  • Getit_Simpson
    Getit_Simpson Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Guilty! (over 200 here) How long can I say that it's baby weight ( daughter is 8 months), even though I didn't gain any weight while I was pregnant, I gained weight after the baby. :tongue: It's difficult because you want to see results right away, believe me I know the feeling. But think of it like this, you're working from the inside out. Once your insides are in order your outside will start to change too. Give it time, at least a couple of months.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we won't let ourselves see the progress we have made. Track your measurements and weight. Take note of healthy changes you have made. We can sometimes see who we were instead who we are NOW!!!