Tracking Workout Videos?

How do you indivduals track the videos you complete? For example I have the Biggest Loser DVDs and don't know how many calories I'm burning... Any tips?

Thanks in advance. :happy:

Replies

• DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    How do you indivduals track the videos you complete? For example I have the Biggest Loser DVDs and don't know how many calories I'm burning... Any tips?

Thanks in advance. :happy:
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Most of the videos I do I track under aerobics, high or low impact, depending on how hard the workout is. Aerobics are listed in the mfp exercise log.
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Thanks, sometimes it's a mixture of running, weights, stretching... and I just don't know what to record it as.

Another question:

I'm a college student and walk to class...

Can I count my walking to class as part of my exercise each day?

I work out in the gym as well, but was just wondering if I should record walking to class? Or even like walking around a zoo, or shopping?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    This is a question of "activity" vs. "exercise".

When you set up your goals and settings, you determined how "active" you are during the day. If you put sedentary, then I would count extra walking (or some of it) for your day.

I'm not sure I lead a "sedentary" life, but I entered myself as sedentary, because I have some days when all I do is sit in front of my computer and type (not all of it here, LOL). If I have a day where I do walking, I record it. If I clean, I record it. Because these are not things I do everyday. If I did them everyday, I would adjust my activity level and not count them as extra.

Just my two cents, I'm sure there are other opinions on this. :flowerforyou:
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    Thank you! : )

I didn't know I could/should record things like cleaning under exercise... I knew I was burning calories. : )
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Not everybody does it, but I need every incentive to clean I can get. A clean house? Not incentive. Two hundred extra calories? Hello, incentive.:tongue:
  • linze07
    linze07 Posts: 3
    I have been wondering the same thing. I do THE FIRM workout videos and the strength training/aerobics are mixed up so much I didn't know how to enter them into my exercise log.
  • I also use the Biggest Loser DVD's..and I would consider them "circuit training" because you do one minute of one excersize and then more to the next one.