Struggling

Options
I am feeling depressed. I was doing so great, and losing weight. My face cleared up and I felt awesome.
Now the past week has been really hard. It was my ex-boyfriend's birthday, which is also the 1 year since we broke up. His current girlfriend, (my old friend) wrote all over facebook how much she loves him, which makes me feel like crap.
All of my friends are on spring break and went somewhere warm, and I'm stuck here.
Now I find out my parents are thinking of separating.
My face has broken out all over again as well.
I feel like I'm all alone trying to do this and I'm beginning to struggle.
Any help or motivation would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• aelfrice
    aelfrice Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    A resident at the long term care facility I work at was able to change her own colostomy bag today. Things like this--and not being 18 anymore--help me when I feel out of control. Some days you just need to swear a lot and cry.
  • tammymae3
    Options
    You are not alone in your struggle. Sometimes life gets us down and that is okay as long as we get back up, dust ourselves off and start again. I am sorry about your ex and your friend, not much of a friend or ex in my opinion, but I believe in fate and destiny and he wasn't the one for you. You will find someone out there who loves you for you no matter what and will worship the ground you walk on...trust me I know. I have been with my soulmate for 25 years....23 of them married. As far as your parents go that is a real bummer, but you have to remember although their feelings for each other have changed what they feel for you will never change. If they do separate you need to express your emotions, whether they be anger, sadness, frustration, because if you keep them bottled in you will do more harm to your body. Go to the gym and work out your frustration on the treadmill or bicycle or whatever you feel comfortable doing. When I feel frustrated I go to the gym, jump on the treadmill, turn my music up and run!!! If you need someone to talk to I am here just friend me. Good luck to you.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Yeah, all that really stinks.
    Try to put things in perspective like aelfrice said.
    I have a resident in his 50s who was born with cerebral palsy and is a quadriplegic.
    Can't do anything for himself, not even talk.
    But he knows everything that's going on.
    He's a prisoner in his own body.
    But he always has a smile on his face.
    You're never truly alone.
    God is always with you :flowerforyou:
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You're stuck in the past like an old pair of granny style underwear. You remember the good times and forget that the two of you broke up for a reason. That 'you complete me stuff' is for the movies. You do not need him (or anyone) to make you happy. Decide what you really want for yourself (not him!), set some goals and move on. Don't waste anymore time thinking about it - convince yourself it's over.

Your folks - that's tougher. Only because there's nothing you can do about it. Really...! They have to figure it out on their own, for better or for worse.