confused about exercise/eating more??

cristi1184
cristi1184 Posts: 4
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
hi, i am just a little confused about when i input my exercises. i'm on a 1200 calorie/day plan, and i'm supposed to burn 890 calories in my workouts/week. when i input an exercise into my diary, it says i can just eat the amount of calories that i've burnt in my workout.
so i'm just confused, should i eat these calories? how would i get my 890 calorie burn/week if i have it as an intake from food?
can anyone help me???

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    It's already figured out for you in MFP. Try eating back most or all of your exercise calories for a couple weeks...if you lose, great. If not, don't eat them. Everyone's different. Eating them back helps me, also I work out a LOT everyday, so I require more fuel for energy but just find what works for you!
  • thanks :) that's a relief, i didn't want to eat them back if i wasn't supposed to, that would have been discouraging. i'll give it a try. thanks again
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    When you set your goal of burning 890 MFP did not take it into account. Only the exercise you do gets taken into account for your calorie goal. the exercise goal is just to motivate you and has nothing to do with calories allowed. Like the previous poster said try eating most of them.

MFP sets you up with a deficit, based on your goal, to loose weight. By eating your exercise calories you are meeting your goals if you do not eat them you will be in a larger caloric deficit and too large of a deficit is a bad thing for your metabolism and energy level
This discussion has been closed.