Fasting on Good Friday and Exercise

Options
Today and on Ash Wednesday I fast, but not at the cost of my exercise. Fasting is simply eating 2 small meals and one large with no snacking in between. But I like to make sure I have enough energy to do my workout.

Because I will not "fast" from exercise, I try to be a bit creative with the food. For example, this morning I removed my berries from my regular bowl of oatmeal and left the flavored cream from my coffee. But the amount of oatmeal and coffee remained the same.

Is there anything you do differently during these two days? Or do you maintain your normal healthy (no bad snacking) regimen?

Replies

• jb1164
    jb1164 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I try to make sure I have some protein with my main meal, so I tend to have steamed fish (Monkfish is particularly filling) and veg for my tea, with some water,garlic, fish sauce, soy and chilli flakes for flavour. I find this satisfies me. Home-made veggie soup for lunch is filling too. 500 cals a day needs planning for!
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I don't think I really understand what you are asking because this is not fasting, you are eating 3 meals, just less calories. Doesn't sound like it will be a problem for exercise.
  • healthymom76
    healthymom76 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Actually the guideline for fasting are 1 main meal and 2 smaller meals that don't equal a full meal IF necessary to maintain health. I hope you have a Blessed Good Friday and a Holy Easter Sunday!
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    And lo, Jesus said to the Apostles, "This will be a time of fasting and sacrifice, but not at the expense of athletic performance or sick-*kitten* abs."
  • kistockman
    kistockman Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    And lo, Jesus said to the Apostles, "This will be a time of fasting and sacrifice, but not at the expense of athletic performance or sick-*kitten* abs."

See....that's what I say. :laugh:
  • kistockman
    kistockman Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Actually the guideline for fasting are 1 main meal and 2 smaller meals that don't equal a full meal IF necessary to maintain health. I hope you have a Blessed Good Friday and a Holy Easter Sunday!

Thank you. You too. :)
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    No change.
  • barbiegirl052
    Options
    I have my breakfast protein shake and later on ill have a kind protein bar untill my meal tonight of fish and brocolli Hope this helps ohh and i will be working out ill be taking a pre workout drink VEGA to help with my energy