A little help please!!

Options
HI

I have been on MFP fpr 2 months.
5ft2in
start weight - 60.4kg
Current weight - 56.9kg
Goal weight - 52/53kg?

I have been sticking to 1200cals fairly consistently and am seeing some weightg loss. However I keep reading posts about people not eating enough and lowering thier metabolism as a result.

I definately do not want to be doing this.

I dont exercise that regularly but when I do its 300-600cals and i usualy manage to eat them back if i try hard.
Quite an active Job (nurse).
Also just completed week 2 of 100 pushups - not much i know but its quite fun so far!

So basically shall I stick with what I am doing? (and yes i do intend to increase my exercise!)
Or should I be doing something different?

Replies

• ALittleBitLess1
    ALittleBitLess1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Anyone????????????????/
  • WendyBlendy
    WendyBlendy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Check out the Eat More 2 Weigh Less group. they should be able to help you. Also, I never felt it necessary to eat back my exercise calories. I don't have medical advice about it, but it's my opinion.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I have read all the posts about how if you don't eat enough you don't lose weight, but that's not really true. Look at weight loss surgery patients. For the most part they aren't eating very many calories a day. Its the TYPE of food they eat that is helping them. They eat ALOT of lean proteins. So not eating alot isnt always a bad thing.

If you are one of those lucky people that has a body that tells you when you're hungry and when you are not, listen to it and not other people. Eat a little (make it good) when you are hungry and dont worry about whether your eating 3 or 6 meals a day. Every person is different and you have to find your own way of getting in the food that you eat everyday.

If you think your exercising is enough, then that's what matters. If you dont, then up your game a little. Try adding something new each week and if you dont like it, toss it and try something new next week. Before long you may have a few things you love to do and do them regularly. (Dancing while cleaning the house is always a good time)

Just remember: There is no such thing as starvation mode unless you are actually not eating anything. You body will adjust to lower amounts of calories, its designed that way. Just adjust your routine to. And remember to always keep trying, you will only fail if you stop trying.