MFP Water calculator...

Options
When I am logging food and water it says:

"We recommend that you drink at least 8 cups of water a day. Click the arrows to add or subtract cups of water."

Is this 8 measuring cups of water or actually 8 glasses of water a day or are they one and the same?

Thanks in advance! :-)

Replies

• jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I consider it one and the same. 1 glass = 8oz.
  • naeS1Sean
    naeS1Sean Posts: 21
    Options
    Yeah, i agree with wardog. I like yer cat by the way...
  • tristan83
    tristan83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yeah, i agree with wardog. I like yer cat by the way...

Aww thanks! He's my rescue baby. :heart:
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    By cups they mean 8oz or 1 measuring cup. If you know how many ounces your glasses hold you count them accordingly. I drink from a very large 32 oz cup at my desk and when I finish I count it as 4 cups in MFP. Hope this helps.
  • tristan83
    tristan83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    By cups they mean 8oz or 1 measuring cup. If you know how many ounces your glasses hold you count them accordingly. I drink from a very large 32 oz cup at my desk and when I finish I count it as 4 cups in MFP. Hope this helps.

That helps a lot. Thanks!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    1 glass is 8 ounces. I always tell people what I've heard...drink half your weight in ounces. Mine would be 82 ounces but I have better loss and feel better and more hydrated when I'm past at least 100 oz. but just find your good spot :happy: You'll have to drink more as you work out too so you should be rehydrating for that.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    1 glass is 8 ounces. I always tell people what I've heard...drink half your weight in ounces. Mine would be 82 ounces but I have better loss and feel better and more hydrated when I'm past at least 100 oz. but just find your good spot :happy: You'll have to drink more as you work out too so you should be rehydrating for that.
    You'll have to drink more too if you take in too much sodium or if it's hot outside (especially if it's also dry!).