Squat your *kitten* off!

Options
I've been doing squats majorly this past month trying to thinken up my cheeks and thin down my inner thighs and guess what...it's totally working!

Anyone else have any success stories and what are you doing so right?

Add me so we can encourage each other :) !

Replies

• Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Yes I've also seen improvement! But still need lots of more Bootay! Front Barbell Squats, Barbell Squats,Side lunges, Reg Lunges lots of them,Deadlifts... Ive felt the raised bench lunges work too.. Killer! Step ups. :tongue:
  • ThisNewFitGirl
    ThisNewFitGirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm deff going to try steps now thanks!
  • Fit2Skinnyme33
    Fit2Skinnyme33 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Spiderman lunges will KILL your inner thighs too. Every time I do even 30 my inner thighs are so sore for days. I am not at your sexy body status's but hey, if you haven't done them give them a try!
  • ThisNewFitGirl
    ThisNewFitGirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am so going to look up those spider lunges....they sound scary but i'm stoaked!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Bulgarian split squats are the bomb!

I think that's what the above poster meant by "raised bench lunge".

See it here:

http://nicktumminello.com/2012/06/bulgarian-split-squat-how-to-do-and-not-to-do-the-rfess/
  • MRincrediBURN
    Options
    Every variation of squat...Hack Squat, Full, half, quarter, front killer workouts
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Even though I regained, my backyard isn't flat :D
  • ChicaDaddy
    Options
    I know this may sound nuts but ever try running stairs . I mean find a long *kitten* staircase and just run up and down them for 20 mins. Great cardio and will just shred your *kitten* !! Also if your daring enough try leg press and double up and hit your calf's at the same-time.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    feel free to send me your most challenging squat routine, this kinda torture is what I call 'fun' ha ha!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Also if your daring enough try leg press and double up and hit your calf's at the same-time.
    Leg press is the most useless exercise there is (although crunches are close). Stick to squats, deadlifts, lunges and all the variations of them.
  • srpink26
    srpink26 Posts: 9
    Options
    Totally agree, running stairs does the most amazing things for our tushies!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Also if your daring enough try leg press and double up and hit your calf's at the same-time.
    Leg press is the most useless exercise there is (although crunches are close). Stick to squats, deadlifts, lunges and all the variations of them.

It is? Interesting but good to know! I do it at my gym but I think I can get more out of just doing weighted squats.
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    Everyone really, I am so dissappointed with my inner thighs and have always been afraid to do more leg work thinking the rest of my leg (front thigh) is going to bulk up and look bad for a woman.
    But your telling me it will work on my inner thighs and not bulk up?

Please clarify this for me.
    thanks
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    To all you squat experts, can you suggest a couple to a newbie? I saw a squat challenge for March on here, and printed out the schedule. It's something I want to do at home and I have 3 and 10 lb dumbbells. Last fall I tried a challenge at a resort I was visiting and it involved climbing up a 25 ft pole on tiny little pegs with the whole idea of then walking across a log. This was before I started this weight loss journey and I probably got up about 20 feet before my body just couldn't do more. I'm hoping to go back this fall and trying it again is the goal I've been keeping in mind as I go. I'd love some ideas. Thanks.
  • Fit2Skinnyme33
    Fit2Skinnyme33 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    To all you squat experts, can you suggest a couple to a newbie? I saw a squat challenge for March on here, and printed out the schedule. It's something I want to do at home and I have 3 and 10 lb dumbbells. Last fall I tried a challenge at a resort I was visiting and it involved climbing up a 25 ft pole on tiny little pegs with the whole idea of then walking across a log. This was before I started this weight loss journey and I probably got up about 20 feet before my body just couldn't do more. I'm hoping to go back this fall and trying it again is the goal I've been keeping in mind as I go. I'd love some ideas. Thanks.

Just start with your own Body weight. Don't worry about adding weights yet. Any and all variations of lunges and squats will help tone your legs and butt!! Check out Bodybuilding.com - exercises, they have a ton of different variations. Just skip the added weight to start.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Let's not forget all variations of hip thrusts as well. The heavier the better! Step ups or step downs as well.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Pics or it didn't happen.
  • withthebandgrl
    withthebandgrl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started adding squats to my exercise routine and feel the burn!! will keep you posted!