doing ok with the food...the exercise, not so much. Please

Crysta1976
Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok...so I'm doing ok with the calories and stuff, for the most part. It's my first week, so I'm still getting on the ball. I also started gluten-free this week as well. WOW...gf certainly does NOT mean diet friendly! Definitely a learning curve on this one.

Anyway, my issue is getting in the exercise. I have the best of intentions, but you know what "they" say about those! I am just lacking the motivation to do anything. I don't like walking because it hurts my hips and low back. I don't like going to the gym alone. I would love to go for a bike ride, but... well, I just don't. I want to do it. And I know I NEED to do it. But just can't get myself to do it. What is wrong with me!?!?!

Replies

• MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    you just haven't seen the results of a good workout regimen. Once you start you'll see why so many people do it.
  • MeganJo
    MeganJo Posts: 69
    You wont always WANT to get to the gym, I hate going but after I'm done with my workout I feel awesome so that's my motivation. Workouts aren't going to be easy, you'll have to push yourself and don't allow yourself to make excuses. Excuses don't get you in shape, pushing yourself to go even when you don't want to is what will get you to see results. Push yourself and go to the gym and hop on the treadmill for a walk/jog. Or hop on a stationary bike, stairmaster, elliptical, go for a swim. There are so many options available to you, try them all out and sooner or later you'll find what you like. Good luck!
  • I know how that goes. I used to go to the gym 3 to 4 nights a week. When i was there, it sucked but when i woke up the next day i felt pretty good (if you can ignore the sore muscle part of it). I suppose it's like anything. Once you start going, you get to the point where you always wanna go. But once you stop going, you don't want to start going again.

At least that's my problem. When i'm going it's great. For whatever reason, i'll start missing and then poof 2 weeks have gone by, and i haven't been. Uh Oh, now the hard part of getting back into it...

RIght now i'm currently trying to get motivated to start going again.

Maybe i just need to set myself some Mini Goals to help motivate me to get to each of those plateaus. So instead of trying to lose 100 pounds all at once, i just need to try to lose 25 pounds at a time...4 times in a row.

Losing 25 pounds sounds easier then trying to lose 100, and might keep me from getting discouraged because it's not coming off as quick as i would like.

At the very least, it's not just you that feels that way...i mean how else do you think we got into the shape we are in which has brought us together on this site?
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Just find some sort of exercise you enjoy and do it 3 times a week. If you have hip problems, have you tried swimming? I used to have to make myself do it. Now my body craves it.
This discussion has been closed.