Recommend your....

staceylynn073
staceylynn073 Posts: 13
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
HRM!

I need to invest in one but don't know where to start. Would love to keep it on the less expensive side. Any input would be appreciated!

Replies

• Margarette
    Margarette Posts: 69 Member
    I also have been wondering this. I want a good HRM but really don't have a lot of money to spend and I have no idea what to look for ina "quality" one.
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    I use the Polar FT4. I found them online for about $90. I really like it!
  • perrim
    perrim Posts: 117
    I just bought the polar FT7 and LOVE IT!!! It retails for $109. It has made a big difference in my workouts and has really helped keep me motivated and buring more calories than I would've otherwise.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    You can get them at walmart for 25.00 and up.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    I have the generic Sportline version of the Reebok Precision Trainer XT. I only paid $20 for it (online special one day at woot.com), but they normally run closer to $50. From what I've read, it has similar functionality to the Polar F4. L:love: VE IT!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    I also have been wondering this. I want a good HRM but really don't have a lot of money to spend and I have no idea what to look for ina "quality" one.

The biggest thing to look for, is to get one with a chest strap. It's going to give a constanly updated heart rate reading to the watch portion, and it is positioned better to get an accurate heart rate reading than a watch-only HRM. I've owned both, and can definitely say that the chest-strap model is more accurate than the watch-only kind. Also, make sure you can enter your personal info (weight, gender, etc.). This helps the calorie count to be more accurate as well.
  • Sweatin
    Sweatin Posts: 18 Member
    I'm glad you posted this. I bought a Sportline at Walmart for $33.00, it took over an hour to figure out how to program everything. I did my P90X workout plus a cardio, total of 120 minutes, sweatin like there was no tomorrow, and it told me I curned 86 calories! I took it right back. Ive been researcing on the internet alot of positives about the Polar F4. SOunds like there arent many bells and whistles if basic is what your looking for. Im going to give it a shot.
This discussion has been closed.