Gained 10 pounds since morning????????

Options
2»

Replies

• kspeach
    kspeach Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Water weight. Got it. No scale, or only once a week. Got it. Men don't retain water weight. Got it. ;)

Also, I failed to note the FULL MOON (not the one I'm sitting on), which affects tides...maybe my tide is coming in...when it goes back out I'll have lost 10 pounds? LOL
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Once I had a doctor's appt and I got weighed by his nurse as usual. I had just come off a serious case of pneumonia, so he had me check in with him weekly until he was satisfied that I was in good health. One week later, for my next check in I was 8 lbs heavier. He did a double take when he read what the nurse wrote, and he re-weighed me because he thought there was no way I could've gained that much in a week even if my health was improving. The same reading came up (8 pounds heavier). He was very concerned, until I told him I usually gain a few pounds during that TOM. He said " But 8 pounds worth???" I said," Yep, I'll be back down next week." And I was. And he was amazed. Men - even when they're in the medical profession they are clueless :laugh:
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I have got to figure out how all the other men knew to stay out of this thread!! :tongue:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I am heavier in the afternoon than the morning but 10 pounds? I wonder if you should get a new scale. Do you have a particularly high amount of sodium in your diet?
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Once I had a doctor's appt and I got weighed by his nurse as usual. I had just come off a serious case of pneumonia, so he had me check in with him weekly until he was satisfied that I was in good health. One week later, for my next check in I was 8 lbs heavier. He did a double take when he read what the nurse wrote, and he re-weighed me because he thought there was no way I could've gained that much in a week even if my health was improving. The same reading came up (8 pounds heavier). He was very concerned, until I told him I usually gain a few pounds during that TOM. He said " But 8 pounds worth???" I said," Yep, I'll be back down next week." And I was. And he was amazed. Men - even when they're in the medical profession they are clueless :laugh:

I am laughing at the knowledge level of the doctor. I always remember my doctor being surprised when I got pregnant while nursing my first baby. I mean really? They told us right in child birth that nursing was not a form of birth control.

Think about it this way. You were wearing clothes. You would be surprised what fabric weighs unless you order it online and have to pay shipping.

Lets say I get up in the morning and I weigh 150.

I have 2 eight oz. glasses of water...I am up one pound. I put on clothes I may be 5 pounds heavier (hey I live in MN and wear lots of layers) I am already 6 pounds heavier. Then I have 2 eight oz coffees. There's another pound. Now its time for breakfast. yogurt, fruit and fiber one. Almost another pound. Plus I have another glass of water. See how fast you can weigh 8 pounds more by the end of the day. :drinker: :laugh:
  • 2daughtermom
    Options
    I have a digital scale and so does my doctor. Her scales are still six pounds heavier than mine, so I go by mine, hahaha.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah - totally been there... don't worry about it. Just know that it'll come right back off... there are so many factors that can lead to those fluctuations....
  • kspeach
    kspeach Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have got to figure out how all the other men knew to stay out of this thread!! :tongue:
    :) They probably went to KSU or KU so they were smart enough to know better. ;) (kidding!)
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options

LOL - zebrahead you are a good sport and totally welcome in this (and any other) thread :flowerforyou: