Meal replacements

Replies

• HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Howdy Thar Partner! Okay, so thank you for the link. Because I love Shape Magazine for one. And for two, thats an interesting article.... For some people I'm sure it would give them much better nutrition to have that everyday, than what they are already having. And for people who don't like eating breakfast, and find it easier to drink thier breakfast, think it would be easier to get that down in the belly. And at times when I don't feel like eating, it would be easy to just drink that so I would still be getting the nutrition I need. I don't think I could do ALL meals with it, for an extended period like that guy did.

Thanks for the link! I didn't even think to try and look up "Shape" online. I used to have a subscription to the mag. :smile:
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Meal replacement is such a bad term for what they are. Meal Replacements have a name just so you can know whats in it basically. You still have to eat, but you can cut down on some of it with meal replacements.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    I like them. I have problems eating first thing in the morning and it gives me the piece of mind that I can have one, and still take an hour to wake up.

Sometimes I use them for when I am far from home after my workout and only options available are fast food. It also helps me to get in extra protein and cals in case I am short of meeting my goal for the day.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    I like chewing my food. Perhaps someday when I'm 95, have lost all my teeth, and am bed ridden, then I'll consider drinking my meals.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Mmmmmmm I expected more debate. Perhaps I should have thrown in a few controversial comments.
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    I would absolutely not start replacing all of my meals with a meal replacement drink, however I find that they are great when I am sick and solids won't stay down/my appetite is low, when I have oral surgery and cannot eat anything solid, and when I just don't have time for breakfast before leaving for school because I accidently slept past my alarm. They have their place, but I love the tastes and textures of food and would never do what the guy in the article did.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    It sounds more complicated than cooking, to me.