NSV this week

Options
bubbinsnik
bubbinsnik Posts: 20 Member
This week I've had the following NSVs:

I fit into and wore (2 days running, I was so excited) a dress that I haven't worn since the end of 2011 and I couldn't get it fully done up then. I zipped it fully up this week.

My jeans that I bought and only wore once before deciding they were just too tight to wear, not only fit with no waistband spill over but are a little baggy.

I have lost 5% of my body fat since starting MFP properly in January.

I have weigh-in day tomorrow so fingers crossed I'll be adding a scale victory to the above for this week as well.

What has your NSV been this week?

Replies

• Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    A representative from an insurance company I write business for has not been in to visit since around Christmas time. When I walked out to the lobby to greet her she was not sure if I was me! She said that I looked like a different person and I have a long way to go. I felt so good. In the same day my husband looked at me and said, "body transformed, amazing!" I really almost started to cry.
  • dennik15
    dennik15 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I met a girlfriend yesterday to help me train for a 5K and not only did I walk/run for just under 3 miles in 30 minutes (thats HUGE for me, a non-runner on only day 2 of training) BUT when she saw me she said "holy cow, you look so skinny and fit!". Well, I know I am neither of those, but I AM skinnier and fitter and only going to get more of both.
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with week 2 of Insanity and I feel a difference - not just my endurance during the workout but my legs, arms, and core feel different, toned! Its great to have the confirmation when the scale/mirror don't show much difference if any.
  • jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    This week I've had the following NSVs:

I fit into and wore (2 days running, I was so excited) a dress that I haven't worn since the end of 2011 and I couldn't get it fully done up then. I zipped it fully up this week.

My jeans that I bought and only wore once before deciding they were just too tight to wear, not only fit with no waistband spill over but are a little baggy.

I have lost 5% of my body fat since starting MFP properly in January.

I have weigh-in day tomorrow so fingers crossed I'll be adding a scale victory to the above for this week as well.

What has your NSV been this week?

Way to go! That is awesome! You're looking great!
  • VasylP
    VasylP Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Such comments and little events are so encouraging. I started my journey shortly after my 50 birthday and a prolonged business trip to Germany before which I decided to change my lifestyle a great deal. Before I left 44 inch waist jeans were snug to say the least... and my belts were on their last notches... Now in three notches more on all my belts... Feels really good! And now I can actually bend over to tie my shoes a lot easier.

I am glad that spring is in the air it will motivate me to get out more. Six months ago I hated walking because I was often short of breath. Now any place that takes me less than 20 minutes to walk to I don't bother taking the car. Sure it takes a bit longer to buy groceries, but I only shop for myself so I don't really care....

To all others who have positive things to share they are always welcome, and I invite anyone to be friends after reading my profile.

Have a great Easter Weekend if you are of the Christian faith, if you are of the Jewish faith have a close and happy family Passover celebration.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    mine this week have been:
    having to wear belts on the smallest hole with new trousers
    being told i looked really good by friends
    being called a "badass" :happy:

things like this make me more determined to keep going and making more progress.

congratulations to everyone on your nsvs.
    :heart:
  • IreneAdler221
    IreneAdler221 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Ran my first 5k since I injured my knee. Not only that but I shattered my previous PR! It's been a pretty good day :)
  • Lucy2lose50
    Lucy2lose50 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wonderful feeling I bet!! I hope soon to say this but alas I have just begun to fight the battle. Enjoy your success :drinker: without food!!:drinker:
  • Lucy2lose50
    Lucy2lose50 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wonderful :flowerforyou:
  • LauraW1219
    LauraW1219 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Today my husband owes me a cruise. I started my weight loss on Thanksgiving. Today I'm down 43.4 pounds and this was the weight I was in 2005 when my husband came home from Iraq on took me on our first cruise.

I start a job at the hospital in two weeks so I had to get white pants. I fit into a Junior size 11!! Woohoo..white junior pants I didn't even care if I felt like I was going back to the 1990s. lol

I also put on Medium yoga pants and a regular XL shirt to go to the gym today. 33.8 pounds to go. I can't wait to see 50 pounds lost or know I only have 25 to go to my goal.
  • KageyKat
    KageyKat Posts: 45
    Options
    I've been losing weight to feel better physically for my son's wedding in April. Had a co-worker tell another co-worker (not sure why she didn't tell me direct) that I was looking good and you would think I was the one getting married:laugh: .
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    This week, I fit into a pair of capri's that last summer I couldn't button, and they were falling off of me!

And I received several compliments that I look a lot slimmer. :)
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I HIT MY GOAL WEIGHT THIS WEEK. I realize it's not an NSV. But its a big dang deal to me! LOL
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I HIT MY GOAL WEIGHT THIS WEEK. I realize it's not an NSV. But its a big dang deal to me! LOL

Great job!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!