SWIMMERS THREAD

Options
labud1
labud1 Posts: 23 Member
ANY SWIMMERS OUT THERE?

I STARTED AGAIN SWIMMING 2 MONTHS AGO ...SO FAR I'M UP TO 2000 YDS. A DAY AND HAVE LOST 15 LBS. 40 MORE TO GO...

Replies

• katerinajulia
    katerinajulia Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    i swam competitively for 8 years and quit last year, but i'm going to swim for the college i'm going to next year so as soon as i'm done with my half marathon training i'm going to start training swimming again. feel free to add me :)
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    i love swimming- more of an endurance/long distance swimmer than sprint style myself. almost back up to 60lengths of a standard pool in an hour. pretty happy with that,intending to improve on that as my fitness level increases.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    There is a Swimmers group too.
    I don't compete and never plan to. But I swim a pretty good distance now. Up to 5km in a single swim and as much as 7.4km in a day.
    My highest two day total is 12.4km. (272 laps, 50yd per lap)

Swimming is awesome. No impact on my arthritic joints.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Yoga and swimmer here. Self taught as an adult, I am currently re-learning my strokes with a coach and really loving it.

Prefer to swim in open water - sea, rivers and safe lakes and reclaimed quarries, but finding a new love for swim pools too. I was bullied in school swim lessons so pools have been a place of fear for me until recently.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I swim for free time only. No competitive swimming of any sort, just for fun and good exercise. Like to swim laps.
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    I was bullied in school swim lessons so pools have been a place of fear for me until recently.

I can identify with that. It was gym class for me.
    swimming lessons at the Y were always fun for me back then. Went up to about 5th grade.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Bullied in swim lessons? Really? Wouldn't have allowed it when I was teaching.
    Lifeguarded for 13+ years and taught water safety as well. Never swam competitively though. Been awhile since I was in the water, like 8 months I think. Need to get back in it.
    I was bullied in school swim lessons so pools have been a place of fear for me until recently.

I can identify with that. It was gym class for me.
    swimming lessons at the Y were always fun for me back then. Went up to about 5th grade.
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    Bullied in swim lessons? Really? Wouldn't have allowed it when I was teaching.
    Lifeguarded for 13+ years and taught water safety as well. Never swam competitively though. Been awhile since I was in the water, like 8 months I think. Need to get back in it.

Not in swimming lessons for me. Gym class, by classmates and the gym teachers.