Walking Rate

Options
So I just finished walking 10 laps around the track in approximately 22 minutes. I'm just starting this walking regularly thing and from what I read that's a very brisk pace. Stupid question....is that bad? I just turned on some good beat songs and off I went.

Replies

• crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Not bad at all!!

Great job!
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    How far is 10 laps??
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    That's perfect to start. If it is something that gets your heart rate up and you can keep at it without feeling like you are doing to much or too little, you will be more inclined to consistently do it. Once you get comfortable with that, start adding in some light sprints on the striaght-aways, then do your normal pace in the curves. When that gets easier, try mixing in a set of lunges between laps. Just keep mixing things up and increase time if you can.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    And if you track is standard, 10 laps would be 2.5 miles, which is a WICKED good pace. I go out for walks and usually hit a 4.0 pace (15 minute miles)
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    And if you track is standard, 10 laps would be 2.5 miles, which is a WICKED good pace. I go out for walks and usually hit a 4.0 pace (15 minute miles)

I agree with that...at that pace, you would be walking 6.8 MPH...I have long legs and keep up a pretty good clip, and I never get above 3.5 MPH. :)
  • His_Buttercup2015
    His_Buttercup2015 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My bf says I could power walk with the best of them lol I had Train's Drive By and Metallica's Sandman with others on my playlist so walking to the beat of those off in my own little world I can cover some distance!