Ignore...or thanks but no thanks?

Options
jr1985
jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
Just curious for all my fellow friends on the online dating market... let's say you sent someone a.message that you thought you'd mesh well with... and they apparently don't feel the same way... do you prefer it of they just ignore your message or.send you a polite 'thanks but no thanks' message... what do you typically do if you get a message from someone you are not especially interested in?

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Ignore.
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options
    Ignore.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    Try with a new profile and persona. If you fail, try and try again.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Research them first. Talk to their friends. Find out where they live. Discover their hobbies. Talk to their mom. Then model yourself after them so you have everything in common. Then move close to them. "Accidentally" run into them at their favorite class or gym. Bingo! They're yours.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Send me a message....we shall see.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    The website I used to use has a 'thanks, but no thanks' button.

Impersonal, but who can be bothered to think in this day and age.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    The website I used to use has a 'thanks, but no thanks' button.

Impersonal, but who can be bothered to think in this day and age.

It's handy to have a button. I don't want to waste 2.2 seconds to type out the words.
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    words hard button ez
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Did you mean mesh or mash?
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Definitely ignore it. I think I'd feel less put out if someone ignored the message (but you can tell whether or not they've read it, right?) than if they wrote me a 'thanks but no thanks' message. They're very hard to get right and be tactful about.

Basically if they haven't replied three days after they've read it, forget it.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Research them first. Talk to their friends. Find out where they live. Discover their hobbies. Talk to their mom. Then model yourself after them so you have everything in common. Then move close to them. "Accidentally" run into them at their favorite class or gym. Bingo! They're yours.

^^THIS!
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options

I'll PM you my address right away...yeah!!! :love:

OP, I would just ignore the message probably unless I had some sort of previous relationship (ie friend, ex) with them.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

I'll PM you my address right away...yeah!!! :love:

OP, I would just ignore the message probably unless I had some sort of previous relationship (ie friend, ex) with them.

I'm waiting . . . *tapping foot*
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Well I am not in the online dating market nor am I single but I will say that I think you should send a message. At the very least, you might make a new friend....
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    When I was on one, I would say to the "normal" messages something like "I looked through your profile, and according to the answers on your questions, I'm not so sure we are a good fit." If they provided a witty comeback, I'd entertain the conversation at least.

Now, I got a lot of weird or stupid messages too like, "Yo, your pretty. What's up?" Ummm, first off, no. Secondly, it is YOU'RE. If their message had any grammatical error in it, spelling error or was just a simple "Hey," I just ignored it. Put some thought into the message if you are actually on the dating website to date/find someone to love. Otherwise, ain't nobody got time for that.

:huh: