This is my last ditch effort!

Options
Hello all. I'm 26, soon to be 27, female, living at the Jersey Shore (literally). I'm a certified veterinary technician in an emergency veterinary hospital, and I work part time in a general practice veterinary hospital. I also go to school part time for Nursing (working on RN/BSN at the same time). I have a dog and 2 cats. I frequent tons of rock/metal concerts, stand-up comedy shows, and amusement parks conquering coasters all over the country. I love living at the beach, and I like to take advantage of all it has to offer!

I have tried many methods to lose weight, and nothing works. I tried Atkins and felt sluggish all the time. In 6 weeks I lost one whole pound and felt like garbage. I tried Weight Watchers last summer. I lost 11 pounds and plateaued for another 8 weeks. I did it online, and after realizing I must be doing something wrong, I went to an actual meeting center. The consultants/trainers pretty much told me the program may not be for me if my body just isn't adapting well. I'm not a very active person, but I did go to the gym at least 3 times a week for 90-120 minutes at a time. 45 minutes was straight cardio and the rest different exercises and strength machines. I abandoned that idea and obviously gained the weight back.

My whole life, I was 5'6" and 130-140lbs. I was a size 9 jeans and Medium in most shirts. When I hit 21, my weight skyrocketed and I have no idea why. I have iron deficiency anemia, but my doctor swears it is not affecting my metabolism. I went from 140 up to 187. I have since been at a regular 185, no matter WHAT I eat or how lazy I can be. I also have a lower back injury that I sustained in 2011 at my old job, and I am asthmatic... so a lot of exercises I would love to do... I can't. :(

I had a friend that used MFP at our old job, so I figured I'd try it out. Seeing what I am eating and adjusting calories to my lifestyle I think will help. I usually have one cheat day a week, which consists of my 16 hour shift at my full time job since we just snack hardcore and being awake for so long... you kind of just lose track. I adjusted it to a 1200 calorie intake on here, and plan to do at least 3-60 minute workouts a week. So far, I am exceeding my expectations. It's been a little over 10 days, and I have done very well so far. I just adopted a rescue dog and she is a giant ball of energy, so we walk and play frequently. And I have to clean much more than I used to because of her, lol... so on top of this new part time job I am starting, I am going to be more active than I have been!

It's very nice to meet all of you. The success stories have been inspiring me greatly. 1-2 pounds a week might seem discouraging, and almost defeated... but for me, it's progress, and joy. I am hoping I can lose at least 10 pounds by May 1st... if not more! I ideally I would love to lose 30-40 pounds by the end of the summer to at least balance myself out.

I know this might be OT... but what is a good social alcoholic beverage I can have while out, or while out at our fire pit? I went to getdrunknotfat.com and kind of got lost. I am not a vodka person, and my normal drinks were Rum and Coke, Blackhaus and Pepsi, pina coladas, malibu bay breeze, Shock Top, Blue Moon, Abita, and other fruity bottled cocktail type drinks.

Also, this TEED thing (did I get that right?), I researched it and it seems a little crazy to me. I don't have an exact exercise, sleep, or eating habit daily due to my hectic schedule... so how accurate is that for me? Is it wrong to just calculate a 1200 calorie diet on MFP and add calories in for calories burned during exercise? (which is what MFP does automatically) Or do I go by an estimation of this TEED thing (of what my size and weight needs according to how active or unactive I may be), and go off of those calories? The site said I burn around 2300 calories a day with little exercise and approximating 8 hours of sleep, but like I said.. every day is ALWAYS drastically different. I would get 3 hours of 10 hours of sleep... it's never set in its ways. I could use some help with that!

Again, good to meet you all!