Exercise Bike/Upright bike and weight loss?

Hello! I've been riding an Upright exercise bike for about 3 weeks now and have lost 5 lbs....My only concern is I'm not losing weight in my stomach... Thats my main target for weight loss. I know I need cardio, and the upright bike gives me a great work out, but will I see weight loss in my stomach without crunches or sit-ups?

Replies

• TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    You can't control where the weight comes off.
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Nothing you do will cause the fat to be removed from a specific location in your body.

In general, all body parts get smaller as you lose weight and the places you gained it first will be the last to lose it.

Doing situps all day won't cause the fat to come off your stomach. Though you'd have awesome muscles underneath.

Sorry :-)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Nothing you do will cause the fat to be removed from a specific location in your body.

In general, all body parts get smaller as you lose weight and the places you gained it first will be the last to lose it.

Doing situps all day won't cause the fat to come off your stomach. Though you'd have awesome muscles underneath.

Sorry :-)

Yup.
  • oneallmama
    oneallmama Posts: 108 Member
    Thanks for the speedy responses! Thats a bummer though. I dont wanna lose my curves before I lose my stomach. Oh well...
  • Acoffey3166
    Acoffey3166 Posts: 1 Member
    I also have been doing an Upright bike for about 6 weeks, and have seen great results. However I ride at a 15- 16 for 2 min then speed up to 20 mph for 1 minute. I do that in intervals for 40 min 3 days a week. On the other days I do the same thing but slow my page a little during the one minute interval and carry weights in my hands while doing abdomen twist/turns. Maybe that is something you could work into. I have lost 13 pounds so far. Good Luck!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    You can't control where the weight comes off.
  • oneallmama
    oneallmama Posts: 108 Member
    I also have been doing an Upright bike for about 6 weeks, and have seen great results. However I ride at a 15- 16 for 2 min then speed up to 20 mph for 1 minute. I do that in intervals for 40 min 3 days a week. On the other days I do the same thing but slow my page a little during the one minute interval and carry weights in my hands while doing abdomen twist/turns. Maybe that is something you could work into. I have lost 13 pounds so far. Good Luck!

Our exercise bike has courses programmed into it, and you can select the intensity of the ride on it. I usually do about 55 minutes which is around 500-600 calories everytime. The weights idea while twisting sounds interesting to throw into my workout. I think I'll try that! How heavy are the weights your using??