Time to make a difference!

Options
Hi everyone!

I am a midthirty-ish woman with 3 beautiful kids. My problems started after the first pregnancy. After breastfeeding and could-eat-all-I-wanted, I didn't stop. And with elastic clothes, I didn't notice (there are not many photos of me, since I'm the photo enthusiast in the family / friend group). First, years after my first pregnancy, I got a few congratulations for my pregnancy. I also saw a picture of myself at a swimming pool. How could I let it go so far without noticing? 10-15kg... Not so much, maybe. But when you close your eyes and think you are normal weighted, or maybe could loose a few kg, it is much...

I got a membership at the gym, and thought I could workout all the food I ate. When it did not work, I just thought I was not good enough, and lost inspiration. Years later, I was introduced to calorie counting, and I realized that if I should loose weight just by workout, I would have to workout for hours and hours - each day! I started counting, and finally made my goal! And kept it, to my next pregnancy. And I had two pregnancies with 2 years apart.

Now after the last one, I am about 10 kg to heavy, and I know I can do it, as long as I log my food. Myfitnesspal seems really great, and I can easily add my own food with my own portion sizes. And the mobile app makes it easy to keep control all day. If I have to wait til I get home to a computer, I forget half of what I ate, and when I loose control, I loose inspiration to log. But now I have used Myfitnesspal for a week, and I'm so satisfied with both the diary, app, and my own performance!

I'm looking forward to find inspiration here!

Replies

• Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    add me if u like, I will support you
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    we are all here for each other,
    what 1 person can do, another can do better
    Good journey to you
    it is worth it!