zumba fitness

KarenWantsABikini
KarenWantsABikini Posts: 67
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone out there know how many calories 20 minutes of Zumba Fit actually burns?

Replies

• KatieP327
    KatieP327 Posts: 1
    A heart rate monitor is the best way to get an exact count of calories. My friend does the Zumba class and burns about 600 calories an hour when she posts her exercise....I hope this helps a bit!
  • caristear
    caristear Posts: 30
    I haven't done Zumba but my suggestion is to get a heart rate watch monitor (Walmart for $25.00) and you would be able to get an accurate calorie burn because it's based on your own heart rate and how hard you're working out. I have one and find that I burn more calories than the average that websites tell you!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,447 Member
    What is zumba Fit? Is that something different than actual zumba?

I've been doing zumba for about 2 months now, on average I burn 500-600 cals per hour. I also recommend and HRM. I splurged and got a Polar F6, LOOOOOOVE IT. and LOOOOOOVE zumba. I'm 5'1" 144 I use zumba in my exercise diary so it should be in the database right? If your around my stats (which I doubt, I'm so damn short) you can use that!

Good luck and ariba!
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    I put it under high impact aerobics. Since I don't have a HRM yet. I :heart: Zumba. :love:
This discussion has been closed.