scared i'm going to stall again

Options
So here i am again approaching the dreaded invisible barrier that is 163lb. Since i finally got my butt into gear a few years ago and started on this journey i've been at this point 3 times now and each time when i've got to 163lb i've found it virtually imposible to lose anymore weight despite needing to lose another 20-25lb. I've been lighter once years ago but i made myself very ill getting there and i'm not going down that road again!!!

This time round i think im getting things right, i'm eating a sensible amount and for the most part reasonably healthy, i'm working out plenty and strength training at the gym for the 1st time ever so i'm hoping the doors will open for me and let me get to where i want to be but i've got stuck here so many times before im totally paranoid even before i have any problems!!!

Heres hoping that 162lb shows up on the scales soon, puts me out of my misery and proves that i can get to my final goal this time. Hopefully this will be the last time i post while on the wrong side of the dreaded 163lb

Hope everyone has a great day and a successfull journey :o)

Replies

• freekat
    freekat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You've made such great progress. Do not give up! Keep doing what you are doing! Maybe you could wait a while before weighing to take the pressure off. You might jump on the scale in a week and find yourself below that difficult point.
  • hap2010
    hap2010 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I believe it is going to happen this time around. I have the same thing here but I am still 9 pounds away from my road block. You can do this!
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! My stall point is about 165. If I can get down to where you are, at 163, then I know I can drop a few more to get to goal. I think it's a mental things, at least for me. I think I start slacking off at a certain point and then all of a sudden I keep going up and down the same few pounds...between 170-166. I think THIS time I will get below 165...just need to focus on how I feel and not what the scale says...sort of like watching water boil...or paint dry...takes forever.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I hear you!

I have a stall point every 7-8 lbs or so. Despite the fact that I always *eventually* push past it, there comes a point with each of them that I very seriously begin to believe that my body is revolting and refusing to drop any further weight. It makes me lose a bit of confidence and start doubting my ability to lose weight.

I think it happens to all of us eventually, some more often than others. All you can really do is make sure you don't do anything drastic (i.e. cutting your cals), up the intensity of your workouts if you can, and keep making healthy decisions. The consequences will follow eventually.

To keep me from getting to freaked out by the scale, I also make sure I measure monthly and take progress photos monthly. Having a bunch of metrics by which to measure progress gives a bit more perspective and keeps me a little more sane.