How do I log this workout?

Options
Hi I went to the gym for the first time since joining MFP. I was on the treadmill for 30 min at a pace of 2.5, the treadmill said I burned 200 calories. Then I did the circuit of the training machines in the ladies only room, did 3 sets of 6 each (have no idea if this was right or wrong but I have not had my initial trainer session yet).

How do I log these two exercises in MFP?

I can't find anything that says treadmill or circuit.

Replies

• dcryanmitchell
    Options
    On your phone, click add to diary. Choose cardio for the treadmill and strength for the other machines. On your computer just do it under Exercise.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    log the treadmill as walking (most people on my friends list do that), don't know about the other parts though
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    treadmill 30 minutes and list weightlifting for however long u did as well. great job until tomorrow.....
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'd say log the treadmill under "walking" in cardio and the circuit either under "ciruit training, general" in cardio or each exercise individually under strength.
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Agree on the walking for the treadmill (You should be able to see an item for your walking pace. If you want to check how accurate the MFP burn is, take a look at this site: http://caloriesburnedhq.com/calories-burned-walking )

For the circuit training, log it under "Strength training" like the others said. Again, if you want to double check your calorie burns, here's a link to an article that explains how to manually calculate it: http://www.livestrong.com/article/338469-how-to-calculate-calories-burned-weight-lifting/

Typically, I wind up manually adjusting my burns to the numbers these sites generate because MFP is too low on the strength training/ too high on the walking.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    There should be one for the treadmill, and one for circuit training all under the cardiovascular setting!
  • goldiejoe
    goldiejoe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! This helped :)