Intermittent fasting friends!

Options
Hello,
I just starting Intermittent fasting this week with anywhere from a 4 to 6 hour eating window. I would love to make some friends who are also into it, so that i can see how other people have in their diarie set up. Please give me some thoughts on this subject with your eating window time frame, and please friend me!!! If this is a successful way for me to lose weight and keep it off i would love to be apart of an iF community

Also i plan on trying to be a beachbody coach at the end of my p90x, hence the coach at the beginning of name!
Thanks!

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I do 20/4. You should join the IF board on here, too.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Hey, I do that. Feel free to add me, dude. :)

And yes, joining the IF board is probably a good idea for questions and the like.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/66-intermittent-fasting
  • mrsgeneric
    mrsgeneric Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Whats this? How does it work
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options

Imagine if there was a magical search engine that allowed you to ask such questions and found them for you...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermittent_fasting
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Imagine if there was a magical search engine that allowed you to ask such questions and found them for you...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermittent_fasting

Lol, I often think this when reading some topics on here, but then I think, if everyone just used search on here, or google, would there be much of anything left in the forums to read or respond to ?
  • anamika7v
    Options
    Hi,

I am planning to start my IF today. I will be doing 18/6. Anybody lost weight on IF? if so please let me know how long would it take to lose 30 pounds on IF.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Started 16/8 yesterday. After having a few days of really difficult losses, I dropped a lbs overnight. Not sure if that is the IF or the 2 slices of cake I had :P
  • tiddlebit11
    tiddlebit11 Posts: 182
    Options
    Hey :)

i do about about 20/4 per day (even though i usually space it out in my food diary differently for convenience)

Feel free to add me!

Loving IF - it just fits into my lifestyle so well :)
  • galvinator93
    galvinator93 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!
    I didn't do the same type of intermittent fasting as you guys (I don't think!) But I did the 5:2 diet for a while. Fasting for two days of the week. I lost about a stone in two months and felt so much healthier (I did it as well as more exercise and eating healthily on the non-fast days!)

I have't fasted for a few weeks but I have been still losing weight due to better eating and more exercise. But I think I want to get back into it again to encourage weight loss.

Thoughts?
  • anamika7v
    Options
    Good to hear from you all. I needed company to continue IF until I reach my goal. First day did go well, I will weigh every week and will record my weight loss.

@squatsandlipg - Sometimes we are tempted with desserts. Did you lose your 33 pounds with IF?

@tiddlebit11 - I might also try 20/4, I need to lose weight fast.

@galvinator93 - If you are already losing weight with diet and exercise why do you have to Fast. Probably you could do 1 day of fasting for cleansing.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hooray for another IFer!

I'm 19/5. See ya in the IF group! :flowerforyou:
  • anamika7v
    Options
    Hey..Is there a separate forum for IF group other than this..?
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    16/8 started yesterday... its good so far... feel free to add me if u like
  • anamika7v
    Options
    Hi..I am new to this website..still exploring...where can I add you?
  • CoachTommyB
    Options
    I don't know how long it would take, I just started If. I think no matter what if you want to lose weight its calories in vs. calories out .If i just way to specifically hit fat, and its great if your doing some kind of resistance workouts. You can lose quite a bit of weight in 3 months if your dedicated.
  • CoachTommyB
    Options
    Hello everyone!!
    I didn't do the same type of intermittent fasting as you guys (I don't think!) But I did the 5:2 diet for a while. Fasting for two days of the week. I lost about a stone in two months and felt so much healthier (I did it as well as more exercise and eating healthily on the non-fast days!)

I have't fasted for a few weeks but I have been still losing weight due to better eating and more exercise. But I think I want to get back into it again to encourage weight loss.

Thoughts?

Ive thought about doing the 5:2, was the two days hard? I would like to do it, however i work out alot so I don't want that to suffer because of the fasting. Also WHAT IS A STONE? haha Iv'e heard that before but exactly how much is it?
  • galvinator93
    galvinator93 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's hard at first but once you're into it its quite easy!! If I stop fasting for a week or so I really miss it. Generally fasting for a day doesnt affect my workouts, if anything the workouts help supress my hunger!!

I think I'm definitely going to start fasting again next week, (I'm visitng family at the moment so fast is very difficult!)

Oh I think stones are a British weight measurement.?! haha, one stone is 14lbs!!!
  • anamika7v
    Options
    Dedication is what I lack. Will try to do resistance workouts atleast 3 days a week.
  • anamika7v
    Options
    I cheated today, so planing to do 5:2 this week. When you do 2 days of fasting, does it have to be continuous days?
  • conorpatmanCHANGED
    conorpatmanCHANGED Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!

Thoughts?

Ive thought about doing the 5:2, was the two days hard? I would like to do it, however i work out alot so I don't want that to suffer because of the fasting. Also WHAT IS A STONE? haha Iv'e heard that before but exactly how much is it?

1 stone=14 pounds