No money for food.

Options
I currently have no money for food for approximately 10 days so I have to eat the food I have left over.
I have cereal, frozen raspberries, some cheese, rice and thats the majority or what I have.

What will this do to me?
I'm not purposely being unhealthy, I have no choice.

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Can you go to a food pantry?
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I don;t know of any but I would rather others have the food than me as normally I can afford food.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    When I was broke, I found food on Craigslist but at that point I didn't really care what I ate.

It sounds like rice is going to be your friend for awhile. If you can scrounge up $1 for some eggs, you can get some protein with your rice.
  • pterradactyl
    Options
    That really sucks. I wish I could help more, but I don't know what the health risks would be, or how it would affect weight loss or anything like that. Is there any way you could come up with some cash, even just a couple dollars? Loose change, generous friends who might lone you a buck or two? I know in the past when I've been super-broke, selling off books/movies/non-essential electronics has helped. (You might not feel that desperate, I just really, really don't like going hungry.) Eggs (and bread/peanut butter if you can find it cheap) are pretty good. Hope you're able to figure things out.
  • loveweightloss1043
    Options
    sorry to hear ...just eat each of those foods in moderation
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    If you can scrounge/borrow a couple of dollars, I suggest buying dried beans or lentils. They are very cheap if you get the generic without the spices--like less than a dollar a bag. They are filling & are good sources of protein. You can make a big pot & eat them all week--way cheaper than eggs. I like pintos or northern beans. I would check with local churches about a food pantry--you can always give back later when you are able.