Weighing It All Out

Beach_Chica
Beach_Chica Posts: 111
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
How often do you weigh in? I don't like to jump on the scale everyday or even every other day, but I wasn't sure if I should just to see where I am.

Replies

• i check mine once a week. cause it does balance out in a week and it will keep off if you do it right and keep at it :)

Edit Post: when i started. i checked it everyday... and it was very discouraging.. to see no result... and then... i did once every other day... still wasnt fit for me. so i just started to do it once a week. and it works great for me. cause, i see result and i see where i mess up on. and then i fix it. to make sure that doesnt happen again. and its an on going. you learn where your mistakes come from. and you figure out how to do these things better :)
    and you will for sure see result :)
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    I started weighing in once every two weeks so that I would not be discouraged by water weight fluctuations. I have had such good results that now I weigh in every week. I know many people like to get on the scales every day, but I think that distracts dieters from the real goal: eating right, eating fewer calories than you burn each day, and getting daily exercise.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    When I first started I would get on once a week and then I started getting on that stinky scal everyday.. I made a promise to myself that I would start doing it once a week again.. And since then i've lost 6 pounds! It works when you do it once a week!
  • nsking83
    nsking83 Posts: 145
    Once a week, always at (or close to) the same time of day, so as not to throw myself off by the patterns in my day. Trust me - you will just get discouraged with the everyday thing!

My mom has been doing WW for almost 3 years (lost about 75 pounds total) and at her meetings every week, there's a lady who not only insists on using the same scale everytime, but wears the exact same clothes :tongue: Maybe a little overboard, but she has the right idea!
  • jetSpeed28
    jetSpeed28 Posts: 34
    Once in a week for now, but thinking about making it up to once in every 2 weeks.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Every couple of weeks. I lose slow so I don't see much change if I weigh too often. :ohwell:
  • IanRS
    IanRS Posts: 68 Member
    Once a week is wise - I weigh every day, but will only record weekly.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    I weigh several times a day. I know that's bad. I just find it easier to see how what I'm doing affects me. I don't flip out when the numbers go up because I know it's only temporary. Several years ago, I stopped weighing all the time and didn't weigh for several months. When I did, I saw that I gained 20 pounds. I know that keeping myself in check helps me make better choices. It's all what works for you. If you freak out about gaining 2 pounds when you drink water and eat breakfast, maybe it's not something you should do. My friend's husband actually threw her scale away because she would get so upset about every fluctuation. I don't do that. I just use it as a learning tool. :)
This discussion has been closed.