A week in and off to a good start

Hello all,
My name is Brandon and I graduated high school, in 2001, at a wrestling weight of 185. ... Cut to late-2011, I was discussing body weight with friends that I thought were fat... come to find out they only weighted about 10-20 pounds more than me, which was a major shock. I weighed about 280, had weighed that much for the better part of two years. Then, in April 2012, I got a job where I was in constant motion. I felt out of breath fairly often, so I adjusted WHAT I was eating, but not so much the portions. I lost about 10 pounds in about 2 months. I adjusted my portions and lost another 20 pounds over the next 2 months. Then I almost entirely cutout soda, and had lost another 10 pounds over the next 4 months.
I hit a plateau and I've been pretty steady around the 235-mark.
Last week, I signed up with a gym in order to have extra incentive [read: "self-coercion" Hell, I'm paying for it, I'd better go use it]; and on my first day I had a good talk with on of the personal trainers, who told me about MyFitnessPal, and actually shared his own personal success story with it. That really gave me the motivation to try harder and actually take counting macros seriously. I've been following my workout/nutrition plan for just over a week, and I'm already down about 5 pounds.
I'm shooting for a significant show of results by my birthday, which gives me about 6 months to really make a difference in a body I've been neglecting for about 11 years, but really abusing for about 8 years.

Replies