my two cents on the sugar debate

Options
I came across this blog post yesterday that I found very interesting. I thought you might as well.

http://www.attunefoods.com/blog/2013/02/sweet-semantics-refined-or-concentrated-sugars/

I don't agree 100% with what he says, but the general idea of sugar from fruit vs basically anything else is how I feel we should look at it. I have removed the "sugar" column from my tracker bc it is way too low, since basically all my sugar is from fruit.

Anyway, just wanted to share. :)

Replies

• lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Sugar, or at least as the article suggests, added sugars are for the most part empty calories. That doesn't mean that they are bad for you. I've read a few articles arguing that they are, but until the science shows it, I won't concern myself with it. Sugar is obviously high concentrated calories and for those trying to lose weight it is probably a very good idea to avoid them as much as possible. For those that aren't don't concern yourself so much with it. Hit your protein and fat macros, eat your veggies and fruits and fill in with what ever you like. When I was cutting/dieting I didn't eat a great deal, or at least in my mind a great deal of sugar outside of fruits. As I raised my calories I ate more of it. Now I eat much more of it. Tastes great, but like I said, I'm not "dieting".