Lets admit it, food=happiness

Options
Okay sorry, that was an attention grabber. I need help here-I binge after dinner sometimes 1200 calories or more EVERY NIGHT I need an after dinner snack (dinners around 500.) under 300 calories that will stop me from binging!!!

Replies

• Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating all day long before you get to this binge stage?
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Ever think about changing up your meal schedule? I pretty much only eat in the late afternoon through evening.

I had also just told myself that I couldn't eat after dinner at one point (years ago) and suffered through the irritation that is breaking a bad habit and had success. It took a few weeks but it started coming naturally to not eat after dinner. Of course my schedule is a bit more crazy right now which is why I stick to eating late afternoon through evening right now.

That's pretty much all I have.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    frozen veggies!!!!!!!!
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    75% of my calories come after 9pm:)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Food = happiness? Ummmm...... NO.

Wrong answer. That's how you get fat in the 1st place, emotional/comfort eating. Sorry but food=life nothing more. Please don't even use that to grab attention. Ppl on here will think it's for real & use it as an excuse.

As for eating late like that.... I do it daily. I hardly eat during the day cause I'm always flat out busy. I'll eat most of my cals at dinner & after that. Even then I don't get most of mine eaten. I usually have about 700-800 leftover.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    AMEN
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options

Wrong answer. That's how you get fat in the 1st place, emotional/comfort eating. Sorry but food=life nothing more. Please don't even use that to grab attention. Ppl on here will think it's for real & use it as an excuse.

As for eating late like that.... I do it daily. I hardly eat during the day cause I'm always flat out busy. I'll eat most of my cals at dinner & after that. Even then I don't get most of mine eaten. I usually have about 700-800 leftover.

Why can't food = happiness? It makes me happy all the time.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    only because carbs release endorphins.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I routinely eat the majority of my calories after 8 PM...so dont worry so much about the time thing. If youre just looking to break the habit as its bordem, try some camomile tea with a teaspoon of honey or agave necture. It helps with the hand to mouth thing...

I try to make sure my snacks have a good mix of protein and fat... Carbs always seem to take care of themselves as theyre in pretty much everything. A favortie snack of mine for about 250 calories is vanilla greek yogurt (85 grams), 1% cottage cheese (low salt kind if possible), 1/4 serving of no carb isopure protein powder and some sort of fruit for about 80 calories. (.. i like mine frozen and semi thawed... lately its been mango but it could be any fruit (bananas are great, too!) i mixed it all up and really have come to enjoy this late night snack.
    Protein tends to ward off binges for me... So, avoid processed SIMPLE SUGARS/CARBS like candy, baked goods, breads, pretzels, etc. try hardboiled eggs, cottage cheese, low fat string cheese, all natural only nuts... peanut, almond, cashew, etc butter and small apple or small banana or just eat about 28 grams (1/4 cup) nuts with fruit.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options

How many calories do you eat in a day?
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Eat fewer calories throughout the day and reserve them for the evening.

And food does not equal happiness.

Ice cream does.

Ice-Cream-Cone-Wallpaper-ice-cream-6333735-1024-768_zps641d6d3e.jpg
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    What do you do after dinner?
    Maybe you could look into keeping busy somehow.
    Or getting out to do something?
    I know it helps me to be otherwise occupied.
    A hobby? Cont-ed courses?
    In what way does food make you happy?
    Is something else missing in your life?
    These are the kinds of things i ended up taking a look at.
    We're all a work in progress. Good Luck on your journey.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I think food makes me happy - now its just slightly different food. I had a slice of cake last night and my tastebuds didn't really favour it.

Like you I used to eat all evening long, and its no wonder I gained so much weight. I find what now works for me is to have a snack at 5pm (this is when the kids eat) a piece of bread and some fruit, a couple of rice crackers ect, then when I finish work at 7pm I'm already for a work out. By the time I've gone to the gym or had a swim, most of the evening is gone. Have some dinner and bed.

Try changing from the traditional meal schedule and see what happens
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

How many calories do you eat in a day?

Today close to 2000 & that's been a struggle to eat. Normally I'll net about 800 if I'm lucky...I'm walking for hours & then still doing a workout. Today I still have over 600 cals left.
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options

Pretty sure I got fat from taking in too many calories and not moving enough... certain foods do make me happy and that is fine. There would only be an issue if I couldn't keep it under control(meaning if I over ate). Food=life and that is it seems like a sad way to live my life.