Irrational/Random/Funny Fears?

RhineDHP
RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
So for the first time this year its hot enough that I have to turn on my overhead fan to cool off my room. I pulled the string and for some reason it was on the highest setting possible, and I was like....NOPE. *switch to lowest setting possible*

I have this really random fear that if the fan is on the fastest setting it will spin itself off and come crashing down and chop off my head.

I know this is (for the most part) logically impossible, I don't even know why I think this will happen. Something on a tad more serious note, a person I knew passed away a couple years ago, and when we went to her viewing I was told to go up and put a flower on her. When I went up there I immediately and without warning had this irrational and highly inappropriate fear that she was gonna reach out and grab me and kill me. Again this is logically impossible, and I don't even know why I thought that.

So my question is, does anyone else have a really random fear that even they are not sure of, in terms of the cause or source?

PS: I honestly don't know why people are afraid of clowns. Even after seeing IT.

Replies

1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    i am terribly afraid of clowns. I also am afraid of the ceiling fan crashing down on me. It's just human nature I suppose.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Common house gecko freaks me out. Thank God we dont have any where I live now but growing up it was my worst nightmare.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    I know someone who is deathly afraid of cats, kittens included.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    I'm afraid that my hard-earned muscle will start going catabolic if I don't eat every 2 hours and do any significant calorie burning exercise outside out the gym.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    I am terrified of bathrooms... My heart starts beating faster, I get really paranoid feeling. It is worse in public bathrooms or if I am in a bathroom witha closed shower door. I often make my fiance stand outside the door if I have to take a shower instead of a bath. I leave the door cracked any other time. I wish I could relax in there, but I just cant :( People always comment on how quickly I am in and out :laugh:
  • JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh
    JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh Posts: 954 Member
    I'm afraid of cats..
  • BiggJim38
    BiggJim38 Posts: 1,077 Member
    I'm afraid of cats..
    I bet your loving international cat on the message boards today
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    I'm apiphobic.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    * snakes
    * steering wheel just coming off my car
    * having to pewp while on a long drive (though that is slowly being overcome)
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    I'm apiphobic.

your picture looks like *kitten*. literally
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Seriously clowns??? HATE them... Comes from being a little kid and seeing clowns real Havok with people around a circus...
  • JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh
    JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh Posts: 954 Member
    I'm apiphobic.

your picture looks like *kitten*. literally

:laugh:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Deep sea creatures. Like the fish with a lantern on its head? Only the size of my hand. TINY. Still freaks me out whenever I see one on tv!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    fear:
    emetophobia - vomiting and nausea (cuz it could lead to vomiting).

aversion:
    modern pop-country music - don't know why but I get super tense and irritable and must leave the area - it makes me feel like punching something hard and I'm normally easy-going.
  • LeonorMG
    LeonorMG Posts: 93
    I'm afraid of falling when I'm skiing.. Haha
    But seriously!! :S
  • leejusd
    leejusd Posts: 81

PS: I honestly don't know why people are afraid of clowns. Even after seeing IT.

My niece put it best, you should not trust a person in a costume, with heavy face paint, trying to get close to children. Same with Santa.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    I fear I will never meet and marry my soul mate.
    I feel hopeless when it comes to love.
    I think about it when I wake up in the morning until I go to sleep at night.
    I dream about it and I obsess about it.

.....True Story...
  • LeonorMG
    LeonorMG Posts: 93
    I fear I will never meet and marry my soul mate.
    I feel hopeless when it comes to love.
    I think about it when I wake up in the morning until I go to sleep at night.
    I dream about it and I obsess about it.

.....True Story...

I'm sure you will!! :)
  • Elevators. I absolutely hate them! Ever since I saw Ghost Dad (yeah, the old Cosby movie) when I was a kid, I can't do them. I am always afraid the cables are going to snap and down I go!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    I'm afraid of dropping a baby. I don't hold them. I have vivid mental images of the things that could happen. Its awful.