Replies

• Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Look at your own profile picture.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Take a look at my diary. I am so utterly disappointed in myself. I've lost a total of 16 pounds over the last 2 months, and I feel like all of the stress and all of the pressure I've put myself under finally caught up with me, and I completely let myself go. It got to the point today where I kept eating as much as I could possibly stomach because I was so ashamed and I felt so guilty. I was supposed to weigh myself today, but because of my circumstances I wasn't able to (didn't have a scale). I am planning on holding off on weighing in until next Friday. I don't want to let this extra 2500 calories ruin everything I've accomplished. I want to move forward. But how?

time for some remedial math.

2500 extra calories is 2500/3500 = 0.7 lbs = 11.4 ounces.

that's hardly more than the weight of a glass of water.

if you honestly think that 11.4 ounces is going to ruin everything you've accomplished, then you should maybe put away the scale and not weight yourself any more often than once per month, because your daily weight variation due to water and undigested food can easily be 2-4lbs and sometimes more.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    You know what. If you add up the calories you didn't use over the previous week it is on target to what your 2500 splurge was. Actually you have 8 calories spare. No harm done.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Look at my diary if anyone feels badly :P

It's pretty EPIC!
  • tnsumner
    tnsumner Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    So you had a bad day? Your hair has a bad day every now and then. It doesn't fall out and give up on you. We aren't giving up on you either!!! I've had those days where I eat everything in sight and then feel totally disgusting and guilty. I'm human and I'm going to struggle sometimes. Just remember what you want in the end of all this. Lose weight and be healthy!!! Instead of losing control in one day, treat yourself once a week. I do it on Sundays. I'll have some bacon with breakfast OR a Starbucks coffee OR a bowl of ice cream. (I don't eat ALL of them on Sunday.) Then throughout the week, I'm tempted less often. If I'm good all week, I get bacon, coffee, or ice cream!!!! A good diet is important to losing weight, but rewarding yourself is good to STAY on the diet/lifestyle change. Try it and see if it helps throughout the week.
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    16 pounds in 2 months is fabulous! Two months from now, you won't even remember today specifically, you'll just know it wasn't easy and you hit some bumps along the way. You'll be the one telling others that we all have some good days and some bad days.

As others have said GREAT JOB still logging even though you weren't proud of what you were eating. That takes strength of mind.
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    *eyebrow raises* riiiiiight

If this is the worst thing to happen to you, I think you'll make it. Words advice my father always gives me: get over it :flowerforyou:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    why the hell would you give up because you had one bad day/blowout....hell I probably have one blow out every month..but I don't stop working out and start eating everything in site..I just eat in more of a deficit the next day and work out even harder. Doing this has gotten me to 12=13% body fat and I am sure as hell not going to let one bad day ruin the previous year of hard work that I have put in ...F That...

so pick yourself up, deal with it, and start over today...
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    OP posted essentially the exact same thread yesterday, although in a different forum.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/942007-i-give-up-i-cant-do-it

???
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I agree. Tomm. is a new day. You can eat healthy the next day and workout and just relax. I have had bad days, weeks even and when I let go and realized just start again, that is when it becomes easy to forgive yourself.
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Ok.. STOP beating yourself up for having a bad day.. we all get them.. I am sure there is not one person on theboard ( or any other board) that has not done the same thing. The trick is to restart tomorrow... and adjust your calories... binges are often caused by not eating enough...so readjust and start over... we will be here to push you along :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    No one got fat in a day...or even a week. It isn't going to derail you unless you let it.
  • cjjc1001
    cjjc1001 Posts: 27
    Options
    I go through this often... Just wake up tomorrow and kick *kitten*, and this feeling you have will be a thing of the past!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    So you indulged. You had some treats. I'm guessing it might have been Easter candy? And RIBSSSSSS!!!

Did you enjoy them? Good.

Did they ruin everything for the entire rest of your future? No.

Losing weight and changing your eating habits is NOT and all-or-nothing endeavor.

So maybe you won't lose that pound this week. But you'll lose it next week instead.

One day does not change the whole world. Pounds are lost or gained by an accumulation of calories over a period of time. One day will only slow you down by the tiniest percentage.

Don't sweat it. But don't do it every day.
  • BrendaMay70
    BrendaMay70 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow look at all these members you came out to cheer you on to get your head back in the game. Why is it you feel so ashame you over ate a few meals? Ok No BS I am a up front guy so I am going to say it as it is dear. Why ? Why did you feel the need to break your diet ? Stress? anger? depressed? upset? pissed off? worried? Mad?sad? under the weather?????Aunt Flow from red bank kicking your *kitten*???.................For all the reasons I listed do you think any of them are worth all the sweat and effort you have put in to get this far? I'd make a fair guess and say not a single one. We all fall down sometime so we can learn to pick our selfs back up even in times of sorrow We go on. From the first day you picked up a weight and said to yourself " I can do this you became part of what Joe Weider calls " The brotherhood of Iron" so any place on this earth you see another fitness buff you can id with there hard work and desire to overcome whatever task is before them. We all have one short coming or another but we never let it beat us We all have been where you are right now. Hey main thing is you figure out why it happen What triggered it and be ready for the signs next time so you can kick it's *kitten* ( the problem) out of your life for good cause your one of us the Alpha's the go getters we stop at nothing to make our goals reality. So in the moring get your food for the day prepped and ready mesure out all your food as you been doing and get back in the game and do some extra cardio if you must but don't just give up we are all pulling for you Lil Sis! .............................and if you really need a swifter kick let me know i do pick me ups and windows LOL!!!=)

What an inspirational post, thank you.
  • KerryKpie
    KerryKpie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It looks to me like you may be stressing over having to get weighed and what the scale says more than anything else. Just relax with it. Not every day is going to be picture perfect. And if you can adopt the attitude of doing just what you need to do to lose weight, the scale will take care of itself. I promise you that is true.