who weigh's in and logs thier daily weight if ur weight chan

kalebsmama07
kalebsmama07 Posts: 503
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
who weigh's in and logs weight if ur weight changes daily ????

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    if you do that you will see it fluctuate not only daily, but by time of day. That drove me nuts.............so I went to 1x week and now in maint. faze I weigh (theoretically :wink:) once a month.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    I weigh in daily and log it if I've lost a pound. I don't log pounds gained if I know they're temporary (TOM or after I've had a lot of sodium).
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Even though I only log them once a week, on the same day, I admit I weigh myself daily and really wish I didn't! I agree with the first post, if you do it daily you will see a lot of fluctuations.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    I weigh myself every other day and change it no matter if it goes up or down.This helps me see what i'm doing right or wrong,and keeps me on track.
  • kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    I weight myself daily. My body tends to either stay the same weight or go down in weight. If I go down in weight - you bet I log it! I like weighing myself. It keeps me motivated and focused.
  • ndnlou
    ndnlou Posts: 29
    I weigh myself daily and it drives me nuts. I do log the changes if it consistently stays up or down from the previous logged weight. I think that Hunibun has some good advice to log the change no matter what it is. However, for me I can not leave the scale alone, even though I tell myself I am not going to weigh today, to just weigh every other day. Good luck, ndnlou
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    I weigh daily even if there isnt a change. If it goes up 5 pounds I add it. If it goes down 1/2lb or 2lb I log it. For me I need to know where my downfalls are and where exactly I'm doing the right things.

And I always make sure to log TOM because I dont want to get carried away by saying oh just one little reeses wont matter because its TOM and it will come off or one more taco wont kill me its TOM. Blah blah blah.

It keeps me motivated unless I have a down depressed day. Those days seem to be the day I say the hell with it and eat everything in sight.
  • chgraham
    chgraham Posts: 122
    I used to weigh myself everyday and it would drive me nuts, due to the fluctuations. Now I am weighing myself about 3 times a week (Monday, Thursday and possibly Saturday). There are times I forget to weigh in on the weekends. It took time to get away from the scale on a daily basis, but I like the 3x per week.
  • I weigh in every morning but I only record my weight on this site once a week.
  • AllisonMS
    AllisonMS Posts: 104
    Yes, I too weigh every day and record weekly, on Fridays.
  • michaelsdavies
    michaelsdavies Posts: 47 Member
    I find it really helps to weigh yourself first thing every morning, but only if you know that it might fluctuate slightly and be a bit higher! As long as you know that (and don't let it depress you into cheating), I think it's really beneficial. It keeps me motivated, excited and focused. When I used to weigh myself every week, I could cheat on the Monday because I knew I had until Friday before i weighed in! Now, I never (ha! hardly ever) cheat, because I know the scales are coming for me the next morning haha :)
    I've lost 44.5lbs since Jan 17th, and weighed myself every day since. I did lose more weight before then, but I was weighing every week/fortnight, and I really think that was a contributing factor to it coming off slower!

Stay positive, and think of as many ways as possible to stay excited about it! It will keep you motivated, and you burn more calories when excited! Ha!
  • teresa011
    teresa011 Posts: 101 Member
    Wow so glad to see that i'm not the only nutcase.......haha, kidding, that weighs herself daily.........and I do log if Its changed. I know I shouldn't but heck I just can't help myself.......I usually weigh myself every morning as soon as I get up.
  • I weigh myself every morning....and it drives me NUTS, yet I find myself standing on it every morning. It freaks me out how one morning you can weigh a certain weight, you drink all of your water, stay under your calories, and do your exercise....yet the next morning the scale is UP 3.2 pounds! It kills me!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    It's actually been proven that if you weigh yourself at the same time each day, you're likely to get the most accurate weight and see the least "false" fluctuation. I weight myself after I exercise & go to the bathroom each morning (usually around 6AM). On weekends or days off when I don't wake up as early or don't exercise I skip the weigh-in to avoid false positives/negatives. So far, in 6 weeks, I've lost 6 lbs and have been able to keep it off (even during TOM!).
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    I only record weigh-ins first thing in the morning. To me, that's the only accurate one. I can gain 2 pounds in an hour just drinking my morning coffee and morning water. I do like to compare my TOM weights from one month to the next. They've been consistently lower throughout this process. I also know when I weigh myself last thing before bed, I will have lost 2 pounds by morning. I know I'm obsessive but it is a tool and I never get so frustrated that I think "What the heck?" and eat everything in sight. If my weight is up a little bit, I just try to drink more water and decrease the sodium.
  • I weigh in every morning and log it every day, that way I know what I need to do more of or eat less of.
  • Junisahn
    Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
    I weigh in daily and I log any change - up or down. I love running a "report" on my weight change and seeing the line trending downward, even if it does wobble a bit!

Weighing in daily keeps me on track, and I don't get bent out of shape if it goes up (IF I kept to my caloric needs - if I overate, I think - well, that is what happens when you overeat! and it puts me back on my target to lose). Even when I see a big dip in my weight - like from 2 days ago to today, I lost 1.5 lbs, I smile, but don't put too much stock in it. I'm sure I'm just a little dehydrated, or something - I REALLY doubt I lost 1.5 lbs in 2 days!
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    I weigh daily but only record weekly. Helps me find trouble spots.
  • I weigh myself daily but I am only going to log it once a week whether I loose or gain, today was my first time to log and I lost 1lbs and hope I loose more by next saturday but I will log it whether I loose more or gain it right back. I also need to know what I am doing right or wrong.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I only officially weigh every 3 or 4 days...so typically thursday (official weigh in day) but i'll check a couple days before or right after the weekend to see where i am. If I've lost anything, I'll add it... but I won't add one or 2 lb. gains if it's not an official weigh in day because it's usually just sodium.
This discussion has been closed.