• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I am here for the people. Can't leave!
  • cargilb
    cargilb Posts: 116
    Options
    Here's a question to everyone...

Let's say you reached you target weight. What then? Are you going to quit MFP? What things are you going to do that you are not doing currently?

For me, If I reach my target weight (65 Kgs), I would not totally quit MFP. I might just be anxiety-free from the (how-much-calories-in-that) thing, you know? I would eat freely and not worry that much. but would still exercise. I would maintain my healthier lifestyle just so I don't get back to what I was 8 months ago (106 kgs)

how about you?

if you relax you run the risk of putting weight back on. 12 years ago i hit my target weight and relaxed. before I knew it and with the constant undermining from my then girlfriend, , I gained 20 pounds in a matter of a a few months. . I thought I would not gain anymore, and I didn't for a few years. Then Slowly over a span of 12 years i accepted a few more pounds every few years and lo and behold I was about 70 or 80 pounds overweight again. And my GF and I were on the out about 40 pounds before that.

This time around I will not stop logging my food. I am committed to logging my food for a long time that I will measure in years. If I don't log it here I will log it somewhere. I will never go back to eating high calorie foods no matter how strange people think my diet is. I would rather lose a friend or a lover than change my dietary habits. So, whomever is in my life HAD BETTER BE SUPPORTIVE. No options there. this is my religion and my law.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Hitting your target and staying there is very hard.
    I hit GW of 127 over a year ago, I lost 100 pounds and then another 12 = loss 112
    Now my weight is 122, I am working to get back to 117.
    I can not believe how fast it goes up, then how hard it is to go down.
    I never want to go back to 227. That is what keeps me on the MFP
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    It is called my FITNESS pal for a reason, not just about weight loss/gain, food and maintenance is it?

This!!

Weight loss was only one of my goals, still working on strength, fitness and body composition goals.
  • shosho420
    shosho420 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Maintain and suffer for the rest of your life!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I'll continue to bulk and cut forever.
  • bwnorton
    bwnorton Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I'm within 15 pounds of my goal, so I also need to think about maintenance. I am with everybody else on this thread when it comes to having to figure out maintenance. For me, I have a target range of about 5 pounds. I need to figure out what my exercise does compared to what I'm eating.

I am currently planning to keep my regimen of tracking my food daily and my weight at least weekly. If I'm able to hold my target weight for at least a year and adjust when it goes up - or down - then I will feel that I understand maintenance.
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have been maintaining for 3 months now, and it feels great. I am still consistent with logging in to MFP and tracking my cals/exercise. I don't want to fall off the wagon just because I've hit my target, and be right where I was last year this time. I have gained muscle and loss fat, but my weight has been pretty much the same over the last few months. It's hard work, but I won't allow myself to fall back into old habits.
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I've hit my target weight...and I have no intention of quitting MFP or stopping the daily log. Maintaining weight takes just as much time and attention as losing weight....if not more. I think that people always underestimate how difficult maintaining weight can be...and think that they don't need to be diligent about it. I think it's one of the many reasons why 90% of the people gain the weight back.

I've hit my target weight...so I've started transitioning...and have a maintenance plan in mind. I know if I don't plan my maintenance like I planned my weight loss...it won't be successful.

THIS!!! And I added in more strength training when I began maintaining.
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I will continue to log as I know I need that. I had stopped after the original 60lb loss and gained it back over the years. The site is better than others I had used for logging so I'll still be tracking what I need to today anyway aka watching iron at minimum.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    i so called maintained my weight for almost a decade. every once in a while or couple of years i went up a couple pounds or had a pregnancy, but my body does maintenance just fine. as long as i don't take being at goal a sign that i can eat whole blocks of cheese like it's air or some other food, be reasonable about it. and keep lifting. then i'll be fine.
  • CrimsonDiva7
    CrimsonDiva7 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Will still have to work on strength, body composition, etc. So logging and exercise will just be less stressful.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    then you need to maintain that weight! not always easy. I gained back ½ when I quit coming to MFP
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal of 165 in October of 12. 6 months ago. Now I am dedicated to building some muscle, getting in better shape and maintaining.

I fool around week to week with different foods. Cheat a bit here and there. Lift some heavier weights. Do a bit less cardio. If I start to gain, I re-adjust. I have gone as low as 162 and as high as 167 in that 6 months.

Through it all, I have NOT missed a day of logging my food and exercise. This way, I can see what I need/want to adjust.

And, I have purchased an entire new wardrobe and gave away all of my fat clothes. AND I DO NOT INTEND TO BUY FAT CLOTHES ANY MORE.
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I've hit my target weight for a few month now and now my goal is to maintain my weight. I want to eat whatever I like without tracking like what I used to but keep coming to MFP is a good reminder how quick I could have gained all the weight back, so I come here often to red, remind myself, educate myself about food.

I am not sure how long will I continue counting calories, it is so tempting because everyone around me are all cheering up for me to stop doing it now but I have to keep remind myself that my weight could have gained back easily, so I think I'm going to logging my food via mfp for a long time.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to maintain for the last 3 months but still managed to lose 4.5 pounds. As I have now done that, I want to lose another 3 so it is 12 stone (168 pounds). I really don't want to lose more than that.

I also have gone 6 pounds up in the last week so it is slowly coming back down. I am losing half a pound a day. It will be nice if it went down into those 3 pounds I want to lose.
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I've hit my target weight...and I have no intention of quitting MFP or stopping the daily log. Maintaining weight takes just as much time and attention as losing weight....if not more. I think that people always underestimate how difficult maintaining weight can be...and think that they don't need to be diligent about it. I think it's one of the many reasons why 90% of the people gain the weight back.

I've hit my target weight...so I've started transitioning...and have a maintenance plan in mind. I know if I don't plan my maintenance like I planned my weight loss...it won't be successful.

This^^^ I haven't reached my goal weight yet. But this is my plan as well.
  • victorialkay
    Options
    while some may prefer maintenance, I prefer goals.. keeps me dedicated

To assume people don't have goals while in maintenance....is asinine in my opinion.

to assume that was what he was implying....is asinine in my opinion.

Lol!! :devil:
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I have been on maintenance since Oct. I still log pretty regularly but not every day. I plan to keep logging because I run a lot and if I don't log, I lose weight. It's odd to me that I used to be 30 lbs heavier because once I figured out my TDEE and cut, I lost it pretty easy.