Calorie deficit

Options
Hi everyone,

I just did my calcs and my MBR is 2 580 per day. I need to eat abt 1 830 - 2 080 calories to lose weight. My question is that iI excercise. What happens if i eat 1 830 calories and go to gym and burn 1 830 on the same day?

Or does it mean that after food and excercise my calories should not be less than 1 830?

Please help.

Thank you.

Ps: At the moment I am on the 1 200 calorie eating plan.

Replies

• astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    latter... 1830 after exercise.....

your eating plan is garbage.... it told you 1830 and you immediately jumped to something extreme... id do 1830 for a couple weeks and eat your exercise calories and tweak downward 50 calories a week after that until your weight loss is at a healthy rate (if it isnt already a healthy rate at 1830).. and yes, i mean fifty. NOT 500

1200 is just hazing yourself
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I just did my calcs and my MBR is 2 580 per day. I need to eat abt 1 830 - 2 080 calories to lose weight. My question is that iI excercise. What happens if i eat 1 830 calories and go to gym and burn 1 830 on the same day?

Or does it mean that after food and excercise my calories should not be less than 1 830?

Please help.

Thank you.

Ps: At the moment I am on the 1 200 calorie eating plan.

I think you mean your BMR is 2580. If your plan is to eat 1800-2080 and you exercise and burn 1830 you have to eat back those calories. To answer your question, your NET cal need to be 1830-2080. (cal - exercise cal = 1830-2030) I don't eat all mine back, only about 2/3 just to cover over estimates on cal burn. Btw, 1200 is TOO low.

Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

:bigsmile:
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    I seriously doubt her BMR is 2580. That would seem ridiculously high.

True, but, just semantics... I'm still sticking with my original advice.
  • rabemaneli
    Options
    I meant BMR. That was a typo.
    My weightbis 88 kg, I am 1.7m tall and I go to gym 3-5 times a week.
    Please do the maths ans see if you come with a different answer.
    Thanks.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    That 2580 would be your TDEE not your BMR. your BMR would be about 1700. You are a little younger than me but around same height and weight. My BMR according to MFP is 1690
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    That 2580 would be your TDEE not your BMR. your BMR would be about 1700. You are a little younger than me but around same height and weight. My BMR according to MFP is 1690

word.

learn first, calorie deficit later.
  • rabemaneli
    Options
    Whats is TDEE?
    Guys dont be so hard on me
    Geez
  • Mads1997
    Options
    Now if you are not following MFP and would rather do the TDEE-20% method the calories you would eat roughly would be around 2000 or TDEE-30% is 1750 that is exercise included.

TDEE is Total Daily Energy Expenditure, that includes all your normal daily activity and your exercise, it's what your body burns in cals per day.

Also those figures above may be too aggressive depending on how much weight you have to lose. If you only have a small about to lose you may be better doing TDEE-10 or 15%
  • rabemaneli
    Options
    Thanks.
    I nees to lose 16kg.
    To sum it up,if i decide to use the MFP 1 200 calories, my calories AFTER excercising must ne 1 200. On the day i dont exercise its 1200 caloriea i eat. If i go to gym ans burn 500 calories I must eat 1 700 so that I am still at 1 200 calories.
    Going under 1 200 caloriea slows down weight loss...
  • Mads1997
    Options
    Thanks.
    I nees to lose 16kg.
    To sum it up,if i decide to use the MFP 1 200 calories, my calories AFTER excercising must ne 1 200. On the day i dont exercise its 1200 caloriea i eat. If i go to gym ans burn 500 calories I must eat 1 700 so that I am still at 1 200 calories.

Correct, so if you follow MFP you eat 1200 + exercise calories.

MFP has already factored in a calories deficit for you based on the information you gave. If you don't eat those exercise cals back your deficit could be too large and you may stall out and not lose.
  • rabemaneli
    Options
    Awesome
  • Fleshgodful
    Options
    No it doesn't. The lower your calories are, the faster you lose weight. It's just that it's hard getting all your nutrients with such a low calorie diet.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    No it doesn't. The lower your calories are, the faster you lose weight. It's just that it's hard getting all your nutrients with such a low calorie diet.

Correct.
  • Mads1997
    Options

word.

learn first, give advice later.

OK then you go ahead and give the advise then you are welcome to it. Not going to argue with someone who has lost 191lbs
  • Mads1997
    Options

word.

learn first, give advice later.

OK then you go ahead and give the advise then you are welcome to it. Not going to argue with someone who has lost 191lbs

thanks my point was just no need to criticize the op for making a mistake.

excuse me but get your facts straight. Go and re read again I did not say what you quoted. I did not critisize the OP ......Geeze
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is still low, irrespective of what anyone here preaches.

it is the bare minimum required to survive, definitely not for optimum conditioning and definitely not healthy in the long run.

If anything you should set your calorie range between 1500-1700 and still eat additional exercise calories back.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options

Correct.

that's why when i was 300lbs and ate 1,200 calories i stalled out within a week.
    Also that's why there are so many posts complaining they can't lose weight and they're eating low calories.

So relieved to read that others also think 1200 calories is far too low.
  • Mads1997
    Options
    listen here you have 2 quotes together from 2 people ..........go back and read where they come from.

Sorry your thread turned to chit OP. Anyway listen to what advise you want and good luck with your goals :o)
  • rabemaneli
    Options
    Thanka guys
    I did not mean to cause trouble
    I was just very confuses.
    Its 23:37 this side,good night