It's about time.

Bobbiejo7500
Bobbiejo7500 Posts: 3
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone,

My name is Bobbie, and I'm 35 years old. I have wanted to lose weight for about 10 years now. Since the birth of my daughter. My main reason for losing weight is health. I feel so sluggish all the time, and I have aches and pains that I know will be greatly helped by a healthy life style. I would also love to get dressed in the morning, and not have to worry if my clothes make me look pregnant.( If one more person asks me when I'm due I think I'll scream!) It would be so nice to go shopping and finally be able to wear anything I want without feeling like it makes me look fat. I've realized it's not the clothes fault. I know I can do this, and it feels great to know I'm not alone. I have a wonderful support group of friends and family, and now I also have this great site to help. I look forward to sharing my progress with all of you.

Bobbie

Replies

• kassyk
    kassyk Posts: 14
    Welcome to the site and good luck with your Journey
    I had the same stuggles try to lose the weight but found that this site was the best tool I could have ever found
    Again welcome and good luck
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Welcome. You've found a great tool to help with your weight loss. It's amazing the things that you re-think about eating when you know you have to log them and see how many calories you've actually eaten. I know it definitely keeps me on track. Good luck!!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi Bobbie, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also under "Community", then "Weight Loss and Healthy Living", then "general diet and weight loss help", and then check out the first few threads. They'll REALLY help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Just the word "diet" would make me cringe and set me up for failure. :grumble: It meant depriving myself of all the "good stuff" out there, and as a result, I'd only last just so long, (maybe a few weeks if I was lucky!) and then I'd "cave" and go right back to eating all those "goodies" again! :embarrassed: :cry: But, MFP ISN'T a "diet". :noway: It's a "lifestyle change". :smile: (When I first read that, I said "Ya, SURE it is!", thinking that it WAS just another diet. :grumble: But, it wasn't! :noway:)
    The main reason that I've managed to lose the weight that I wanted to is because I HAVE been able to eat "real/good" foods. :bigsmile: (Not Slim Fast or any other easy, quick, fad "wacko" diets!:noway: ) Through MFP I learned that I just needed to "work for it", through exercise, and watching my numbers (MOST of the time! :wink: ) As long as I do that, I CAN occasionally have stuff like Chinese food, a double cheeseburger, pizza, and even homemade ice-cream! :love:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. :noway: For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!:wink: ) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria") :love: :happy:
    It's free, (unlike a gym!:grumble: ) fun, :smile: and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
    MFP REALLY, REALLY, DOES work! :love: :happy: Give it a chance, and it WILL work for you too! :smile:
  • willow1212
    willow1212 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm in the same boat as you and I'm just getting started, too. We can do it!
  • becky123456
    becky123456 Posts: 75 Member
    I am finding it's so easy to lose weight THIS TIME because using this site helps me count everything I eat and keeps me accountable.. Good luck with your weight loss.. This is a great site, the people are very supportive to each other, and it has been so helpful so far.. 12 pounds in 6 weeks.. YAY!!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Hello

welcome and goodluck...This sight is so awesome...it opens your eyes to what you usually ate before...and makes you more aware.

Log everything you eat and be honest

If you are going out and have to eat on the road, plan ahead

Try to log as soon as you eat...that wat you know what the rest of the day will be and what you can or cant eat

Like today I am going to the movies....i already logged my whole food for the day, so I know what I can or cant do....I havent had skittles in a while, and I feel like buying one....so I adjusted my day to squeeze my skittles in.

Goodluck and you can do this
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    I am finding it's so easy to lose weight THIS TIME because using this site helps me count everything I eat and keeps me accountable.. Good luck with your weight loss.. This is a great site, the people are very supportive to each other, and it has been so helpful so far.. 12 pounds in 6 weeks.. YAY!!

Wow, congratulations on your 12 pounds! :flowerforyou: You're doing awesome! :drinker: :smile:
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    yes this sight is awsome. Good luck on your journey. Try not to think of it as a diet, but as a life style change and you will be fine.
This discussion has been closed.