Who listens to the radio?

Options
shosho420
shosho420 Posts: 220 Member
I never listen to the radio, so there is literally songs out for two years that I have never heard. I just heard gotye for the first time a few days ago. idk I am not with the program I guess.

Replies

• hilldiggity
    hilldiggity Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    For a quick fix (aka too lazy to get my ipod and pick something out. I have 10k tracks on the damn thing.) I listen to a classic rock station that includes early 90's as classic rock. So I'll get some Beatles, Kinks, Eagles, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, and Soundgarden (not in that order) in an afternoon. But they never play and Alice in Chains which really pisses me off!! But they have a nice perk of no commercials from 9-12 Mon - Fri.

As far as contemporary radio, I hate danceable music (I prefer rock and metal), so aside from the news on AM, I don't listen to the radio much.
  • MakingApril
    MakingApril Posts: 178
    Options
    I only listen to the radio when my mom is around, normally I play my own music but when she's cleaning around the house or we're driving she's blasts the radio so I don't get much of a choice to hear it! :tongue:
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I have my radio on all the time, alternating between 3 channels depending on my mood-country, christian and talk. Have and Ipod but rarely use it.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    i listen to the radio in the car. I also listen to CD's. The mommy machine is always rockin!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I listen to the radio all the time-- but it's usually NPR so I still don't know who is in the Top 40.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    im sorry you had to listen to that goyte ****
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    unless its a penguin game or the morning commute (no music) i havent heard it
  • LeonorMG
    LeonorMG Posts: 93
    Options
    Sometimes! :)
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I only listen to the radio at work, and it's always 104.1 the dock (classic rock) so it's not like I hear any new music.
    I much prefer to listen to my cd's anyways, most new music on the radio today is god awful in my opinion.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    If I am in my car, I listen to oldies on the radio. Or sports talk radio. At home I have Sirius and I enjoy that a lot.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Not live radio but I listen to music a LOT. I love spotify. And I listen to lots of podcasts and NPR - podcasts only because I don't do "news".
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options

Me too! Another one I can't listen to is Fun. They drive me crazy.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I'm listening to it lately for baseball. That's about all though. XD
  • BryVia12
    BryVia12 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Blech, Fun. what the hell happened to rock music? It's a sad state of rock when the biggest bands in the world are friggen Mumford and Sons & Fun. Maybe I'm just too old:grumble: but I don't get it. There's no banjo in rock music!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I bought Satellite about 7 years ago..
    Satellite Radio is pretty bomb.
    The Car Radio has me screaming " Shut The Eff Up" same shizz on ery channel.
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I listen to the radio in the car. Classic rock, alternative, sometimes country. Luckily, I have a 15 year old who keeps me current with rap and hip hop. I don't want to get too disconnected with the current stuff. Not always my preference but it's always good to give it a listen. There is some good stuff out there. Listen to 'Same Love' by Macklemore. He does also does 'Thrift Shop' which is a total 180 from 'Same Love'.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I listen to sports talk radio to and from work

At work, it's whatever I feel like on Rhapsody.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options

thank you!!
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Mostly I listen to NPR on broadcast radio, during the commute to and from work. It irritates me quite a bit, listening to music and hearing a DJ talking over it, sometimes when the song has 30 seconds or more left to go .
  • MichaelYoung1976
    Options
    I listen to K-Love (Christian). It's motivating and you don't have to worry about your kids hearing nasty lyrics. There's nothing better than your child saying "turn it up daddy, I love this song" when My Saviour, My God is on.