What is your favorite flower?

Options

Replies

• WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Pink Peonies They're the flower of prosperity and honor.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    white+daisy.jpg

Very bright and pretty!
    I'm loving all the pics since we've had such a protracted winter and no flowers yet...
  • Zeusmachine
    Options
    Would be Gladiolus which of course symbolizes strength of character, faithfulness and honor. The Gladiolus flower signifies remembrance.

Or the Alstroemeria flower which of course is symbolic of wealth, prosperity and fortune. It is also the flower of friendship.

My name Susan means lily, joy of life.
    That is certainly my daughter :flowerforyou:

Lilies are the flowers of the spiritually advanced. They are also the totem flowers of mothers (especially new ones), fertility and nurturing. Lilies are also appropriate flowers to present during weddings as they are symbolic of unions, partnerships, and long lasting relationships. Give lilies to new mothers and brides-to-be; share the symbolism of these beautiful blossoms with them, and watch their faces light up with delight. In esoteric and mystery teachings, lily meaning s include:

Development
    Growth
    Progress
    Freedom
    Purity
    So to sum up lily is a beautiful name :)
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Lilacs.

We had them all over my yard growing up.They bloom around Mothers day and remind me of my Mom
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Would be Gladiolus which of course symbolizes strength of character, faithfulness and honor. The Gladiolus flower signifies remembrance.

Or the Alstroemeria flower which of course is symbolic of wealth, prosperity and fortune. It is also the flower of friendship.

Lilies are the flowers of the spiritually advanced. They are also the totem flowers of mothers (especially new ones), fertility and nurturing. Lilies are also appropriate flowers to present during weddings as they are symbolic of unions, partnerships, and long lasting relationships. Give lilies to new mothers and brides-to-be; share the symbolism of these beautiful blossoms with them, and watch their faces light up with delight. In esoteric and mystery teachings, lily meaning s include:

Development
    Growth
    Progress
    Freedom
    Purity

I agree, obviously. :wink:
    Funny thing was, I knew what my name meant, completely forgot about it, named our daughter and then "rediscovered" the meaning when she was a few years old. :heart:
  • schmetterling1
    schmetterling1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love color so flowers that are showy are of course beautiful. The deer that like to visit our yard also like most flowers so I have to be very selective on which ones I have in my yard that will stay for everyone to enjoy except the deer. Red roses are one of my top favorites. :flowerforyou:
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've always just loved typical deep red roses.

blogrosecesarchavez.jpg

I think they're gorgeous.
  • tstancom
    tstancom Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    9hugid.jpg

I love Gerbera Daisies. I think they are the friendliest flowers!
  • Zeusmachine
    Options

Development
    Growth
    Progress
    Freedom
    Purity

I agree, obviously. :wink:
    Funny thing was, I knew what my name meant, completely forgot about it, named our daughter and then "rediscovered" the meaning when she was a few years old. :heart:

Aww it's a lovely story and I very much like the idea of taking a picture every year with the flowers am sure she will grow up and shine and blossom like her mother
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    peonies and hydrangeas

tumblr_mdelbsyhHz1rtqo2yo1_500.jpg
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Lilacs.

We had them all over my yard growing up.They bloom around Mothers day and remind me of my Mom

Nice memory.
    Both my grandmas had lilac bushes in their yards and as soon as I smell lilacs, I am transported back to the carefree summer days of my childhood.:smile:
  • VickiDiane22
    VickiDiane22 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Lilacs my Grandmother had them and I just love flowers all them. Going Mon. to pick our bedding plants for Spring
  • Hichiko
    Hichiko Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    White roses.
  • psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options
    Peonies, spider mums, violets, plum blossoms.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    hydrangeas and gerbera daisies
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I love Shasta daisies
    Apricot roses
    And daffodils...
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I think I might be the only girl out there that just doesn't really care for flowers.....I'm such a weirdo.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    carnations, daisies and pansies
  • aliceb39
    aliceb39 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yellow freesias--beautiful and one of the sweetest scents there is. It was fun to see others' choices--I also love stargazer lilies, peonies, glads, roses, and carnations. 8^)
  • hmerri
    hmerri Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Definitely hydrangeas. Dinner plate Mums are amazing as well!