low sugar foods?

Hi everyone.
Im wondering if anyone can recommend any low sugar foods, as i used my daily allowance of 24g by breakfast!! So now i am in minus figures and i havent even had dinner yet :( Im not looking for recipes just yet, just individual foods.
Ideas would be appreciated!
Charlie

Replies

• His_Buttercup2015
    His_Buttercup2015 Posts: 114 Member
    Me too! There's even sugar in milk...yeesh
  • His_Buttercup2015
    His_Buttercup2015 Posts: 114 Member
    I did some research for us and found more snacky stuff than meals but: nuts, mixed are better less sodium, cheese swiss was better all around, eggs, and most meats. I also searched the boards and found previous entries on low sugar foods.
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    I did some research for us and found more snacky stuff than meals but: nuts, mixed are better less sodium, cheese swiss was better all around, eggs, and most meats. I also searched the boards and found previous entries on low sugar foods.

Kwl thanks. Yeh i figured out that most meats had. Eggs are ok but i dont like anythign else you mentioned ha! Looks like im guna be a carnivore...
    Yesterday, i tried eating low sugar foods but ended up over on protein, but everyone said that didnt matter so...
    deep down in my heart, i wanted you to recommend a magical chocolate bar hahahah :)
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member

Kwl thanks. Yeh i figured out that most meats had. Eggs are ok but i dont like anythign else you mentioned ha! Looks like im guna be a carnivore...
    Yesterday, i tried eating low sugar foods but ended up over on protein, but everyone said that didnt matter so...
    deep down in my heart, i wanted you to recommend a magical chocolate bar hahahah :)
    Try Scharffen Berger 82% dark chocolate. It's delicious and naturally low in sugar (something like 5 grams a bar). (Or, if you like the taste of pure chocolate, you can try their baking chocolate which has NO sugar/sweetener and is still delicious. It's too bitter for a lot of people I know, but I think it's awesome).

Soooo gooood! :)
  • charliemarie923

Try Scharffen Berger 82% dark chocolate. It's delicious and naturally low in sugar (something like 5 grams a bar). (Or, if you like the taste of pure chocolate, you can try their baking chocolate which has NO sugar/sweetener and is still delicious. It's too bitter for a lot of people I know, but I think it's awesome).

Soooo gooood! :)

I think even 70% is too bitter...the only dark choc i like is Bourneville *dribbles slightly* I think i ONLY like choc because of the sugar LMAO Dairy milk bought out a low sugar bar a few years back that was milk choc in a lilac wrapper but i cant for the life of me remember what its callled!!! Grrrrr
  • charliemarie923
    FOUND IT
    It was Highlights chocolate bar!
    Cant find any info on it though....