Fluidity Bar System?

Options
I took a Ballet Barre style class at the gym when they offered it, and enjoyed it, but an infomercial that I saw this morning has been intrigued: https://www.fluidity.com/ ~ Just not sure the $500 price tag is worth it!!!! I saw several systems (both the fitness bar and dvd's) for sale on ebay so apparently it didn't work for the ones that are trying to sell it - but even at $300, not sure I want to spend that much.

Replies

• jaybabyreading50
    jaybabyreading50 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My daughter owns the Fluidity bar and it helped her to get her body ready for swim suit competition. She won. I am going to use it today. I think you would like it.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    It's $500 for a piece of handrail. Surely there are more efficient uses for that type of money. It's a handrail
  • sashadeee
    Options
    I have owned a fluidity bar for a few years now. I only recently started using it. The bar itself is great, super sturdy and well made (mine has lasted through 3 states and 5 houses. It also folds up really compactly. I have found that I enjoy The Bar Method workouts more than the Fluidity workouts, but the great thing about the Bar is that you can do any ballet inspired workout with it. I even use the Mat from the Fluidity bar for other workouts where I have to do Planks and floor work. Hope this helps!
  • MaureensFreshStart
    MaureensFreshStart Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! :)
  • mssierra2u
    mssierra2u Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am planning to buy the bar again. Sometimes you luck out on craigslist, so that may be another good source. I used to own one and found the workout to be challenging in a pilates-y kind of way. I would recommend it, for sure.
  • tanguera
    tanguera Posts: 1
    Options
    I suggest you check out Barre3. It costs $15/month to subscribe to their many home workouts, ranging from 10 to 60 minutes. The website is www.barre3.com.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    t610e8f.jpg

Real talk, it's a hand rail. With a yoga mat attached to it. Why would you pay $300-500 for a 3 foot piece of chair rail? Whatever workout you want to do, why can't you use the fence in your yard? Or drape your leg over a dining room chair? The arm of your couch? Or hell, bolt 3 foot of hand rail to a room in your house, lay a camping mat under it, and do whatever workouts one does with a chair rail?

I'm not even trying to be snarky here. Someone help me understand this. I mean, it's a known fact that most pieces of home exercise equipment end up being used as a sweater dryer, but this one actually IS a sweater dryer. What am I missing?
  • shakebutt
    Options
    How did you track your workout when you did fluidity?