Girls, how many pairs do you have?

Options
13»

Replies

• mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    I have at least 60 pairs of shoes but some are just meant to be pretty and I look at them in their box but never wear them.

I pretty much just stick to the same five or six pairs.

^ WHAT? Why would you buy shoes to never wear them? Why have 60 shoes if you are only going to wear 6? That's the weirdest thing I have ever heard.

Some people like to collect, why is that weird?

On the guy side of the house a lot of people including myself have TONS of hats. I only wear maybe 2.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    1) around 100
    2) as many as she wants :bigsmile:
    3) around 20 maybe?

I need to buy some new shoes, I haven't bought any pretty shoes in ages. Just trainers. :sad:
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    It depends on your job and lifestyle outside of work. I have one pair of work shoes because I work in a factory and have to wear a specific type of shoe but if I worked in an office I'd probably have at least 4-6 pairs of shoes for work. I like to have 2-3 different pair of shoes for working out and some fun sneakers, loafers and sandals for casual wear, probably 2-3 pairs of each. As for pants, I have about 10 pairs of jeans and 3 pairs of dress pants, again my job calls for more casual dress so I have more jeans. When I dress up I tend to wear skirts or dresses so I don't have a need for many dress pants.

The trick to a great wardrobe is buying items that mix and match well, spending a little more money on the items that don't quickly go out of style, and buying great accessories to change things up.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    hmm.. shoes.. i have sneakers, work shoes, clogs, and sandles. i have no dressy shoes.. mostly because i never go out. as for pants.. i have too many.. only where a few.. but mostly because my pants are all different sizes.. depending on my weight..

how many shoes do you need? two pair. :)
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    (1) 6 (sneakers, sandals/flipflops, close toes, wedges, heels, boots)
    (2) 2 (sneakers, heels)
    (3) 8 (2 pairs of jeans, 1 pairs of jean short, 5 pairs of yoga pants)

:smile:
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    (1) How many pairs of shoes do you have (including sneakers)? - 60 +
    (2) How many pairs of shoes a girl would need? - All of them and more.
    (3) How many pairs of jeans and pants do you have (including shorts)? - 15. No shorts need to buy all new summer clothes.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    1 pr dress shoe's( never worn)
    1 pr winter boots
    1 pr cowboy boots
    1 pr barn boots
    1 pr sneakers
    2 prs sandels ( one is for hiking)
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Why only females? The only thing most females wear that guys don't are bras.

Really? You wear pantyhose, tights, stockings?

I have one word for you: MEGGINGS.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    1) I own 8 pairs of shoes
    2) I don't know. If you have the money to buy a lot of shoes, go for it. I think my money is spent for something better than shoes.
    3) This is different because I own four blue jeans, 2 pairs of capris, 10 pants for work, 3 pairs of bermuda jean shorts, and 3 regular jean shorts.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options

2 different style boots -denim with buckles and brown ankle
    1 wedge heels
    1 shoes i live and workout in
    1 white clogs for summer

there's not a whole lot more when it comes to finding
    clothes that fit
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    You wear heels? Men and women are very different in shoe wearing. I actually know a guy who wears heels and a bra, but he's trans...
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I would just donate those items you haven't worn or aren't going to wear again. I do it bi-annually. Feels good, too!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    14 pairs of Chuck Taylor High Tops
    2 pairs of walking shoes (Clarks and Naturalizers) suitable for work/professional
    2 pairs of black jeans-- used primarily for work/professional wear
    2 pairs of jeans
  • mrphil86
    Options
    Why only females? The only thing most females wear that guys don't are bras.

Really? You wear pantyhose, tights, stockings?

Are guys not supposed to wear those things? :embarassed:
  • mrphil86
    Options
    14 pairs of Chuck Taylor High Tops
    2 pairs of walking shoes (Clarks and Naturalizers) suitable for work/professional
    2 pairs of black jeans-- used primarily for work/professional wear
    2 pairs of jeans

You are AWESOME!
  • CarlieeBear
    Options
    I don't keep count of my shoes, but here's what I think I need for shoes:
    2 pair of running shoes (1 for outdoors and general wear and 1 for the gym) ... summer I can get away with 1 pair, because I wear
    1 pair of comfy sandals nearly all the time in summer...mine are casual, but I wear them for casual dressy as well.
    1 pair of ballroom/latin/swing dance shoes (which I currently don't have ... a second pair with lower heels would be a bonus.
    1 pair of comfy dress shoes for work (does anyone know the DSW brand that's like Dansko?
    1 pair of really dressy heels to wear with the dressy dresses I never get to wear.
    1 pair of winter boots (though I suffered without them this winter)

Jeans...I think I have 1 pair that comes close to fitting right at the moment and a couple that are baggy, but wearable with a belt. Time to shop for more. I need at least 3 pair during the winter and 1 dressy and 1 grubby pair for summer. I'm guessing my capris from last fall won't fit, so I'll need to shop for those.

I practically live in shorts in the summer (I hate being hot and humid), so have a few pair...some of which may still fit since they were tight last summer. I can still wear all my athletic shorts thanks to elastic waistbands.

What you need is going to vary depend on your lifestyle. I wear nice jeans to work during the school year as a sub. When doing work in schools for my ed classes, I need to dress up. I sometimes dress up for work, but my dressy clothes haven't shrunk with me any more than my casual clothes have. At least all my shoes still fit.
  • CarlieeBear
    Options
    If you have more than 10 pairs of heels, I think you should seriously consider donating them to a charity that provides work clothes for women or sell them and give the proceeds to charity. I can't imagine owning over 50 pair while people are starving or homeless.
  • CarlieeBear
    Options
    When it comes to clothing, need depends in part on how often you like to do laundry :-)
  • transparentenigma
    transparentenigma Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I have about

30 pairs of dressy heels
    10 pairs of high heeled sandals
    5 pairs of work heels
    5 pairs of low work heels
    12 pairs of tennis
    6 pairs of boots
    5 pairs of flats
    6 pairs of low slippers
    about 10 pairs of jeans

Now that I'm listing, I'm realizing that I seriously need to do something about my shoes, because if I really go and count them out, the numbers would be higher.... must stop buying shoes.... arrgghhh.....
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i have a designer boot--mostly black--fetish, so i have no idea how many pairs of boots i actually own Maybe 15 pairs of black boots and 10 pairs of other colors. 5 pairs of gym shoes but then, i work out every day and use different shoes for different activities. For example, i have 2 pairs of running shoes. 3 pairs of flip flops. cute work shoes--10 pairs. 2 pairs of fur lined moosehide slippers (i have delicate feet.)Capri yoga pants are my gym pants of choice and i have 10 pairs. i like Victoria's Secret and i buy them on sale or when i get a gift card. And i burn through them. Lined gym shorts--7 pairs. for summer when capri pants are too hot.

Let's not discuss my corset collection...

Since, as a Glamazon, i actually wear all of these shoes, i have no intention of donating any of them. I have a couple of homeless friends. Let's just say that they don't need shoes...No offense...