Getting Married, Losing Weight, New to MFP

Options
Hi! My name is Emmalee, just started MFP on Friday. :smile:

I got engaged to the man I've been living with (and love!) for the past 9 years at the end of June 2012. Our wedding date is May 24th, 2014. This was my major motivation for weight loss... that and due to depression + anxiety and general hard times, I gained like 40-50 pounds over the years from emotional eating and eating irresponsibly because I did not care about myself therefore I didn't care what I ate!

Since mid-October 2012 I've lost 10 lbs (my heaviest was 200 lbs and now I'm 190 lbs). This is without MFP. Last Thursday I saw a Nutritionist and he suggested I start using this website so I'm a newbie. I'm hoping it will help me get my eating habits straightened around. If my diet was a little more strict, I probably would have lost more by now... but I am still happy with achieving at least this goal. I definitely see a difference in my body tone and certain curves are more noticeable.

I work in an office setting and I am fortunate enough to have 2 hour lunch breaks three times a week to go to the gym. I decided to invest in a Personal Trainer. At the beginning from October to December/January I was seeing him twice a week and we did VERY intense workouts. Now I see him once a week and I go on my own 2-3 times. At this point and before I saw the Nutritionist I was just reducing my caloric intake and easing up on the carbohydrates. I was still ordering take-out though. Now I've made a pact with my Trainer that for the next 4 weeks him & I will not eat out or order delivery. So far this weekend I've been doing great; I've made two meals at home from the "Fresh Food Fast" cookbook from Cooking Light..... You see, I really don't enjoy cooking so this is a huge step for me.

I can't wait to lose more and I am extremely motivated. If you need motivation, I'm probably what you need, so add me. lol.
I still have a ways to go, but I'm confident I will be successful now that I have MFP.

Thanks for reading!
Emmalee

Replies

• sarahnull07
    sarahnull07 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! add me if you would like. =)
  • akiya23
    akiya23 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Emmalee,

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials. I am A'kiya and have about 60 pounds to lose and definitely could use the motivation.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Congrats on both
  • ninessential
    Options
    Feel free to add me too :) Anybody add me!!!
  • StephanieCo3
    StephanieCo3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Congrats and welcome!

What's your height and goal weight?
  • Clement1ne
    Options
    Congrats and welcome!

What's your height and goal weight?

Hi Stephanie!

I am 5'9" and my goal weight is about 120 lbs. I've got 70 lbs to go!
    I want to build muscle and tone up more too. :smile:
  • Clement1ne
    Options
    Congrats on both

Thank you CFRC8780 !!
  • SerenitySage_x3
    SerenitySage_x3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Emmalee! Welcome to MFP; I hope you find the community to be very helpful. (:

Congratulations on your engagement, that is incredibly exciting! I recently just saw a nutritionist for the first time as well, being at my highest weight in my lifetime, and realized it was time to make some healthy lifestyle changes. So I'm a newbie to all of this as well.

Best of luck achieving your goals!

Kristine
  • loveweightloss1043
    Options
    great story ... I need motivation too girl and ideas as to what to eat for breakfast snack lunch snack and dinner ....so its not boring! welcome i'm new also!
  • shruthisheshagiri
    shruthisheshagiri Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Emmalee. Congratulations! :)

I just joined MFP today and I recently got engaged too. My wedding is on December 15, 2013.

I was lean in grad school (143 lbs, 5 ft 5 in) two years ago. But, once I started working, I stopped all my physical activity, and am 168.9 lbs now! :( I want to lose 30 lbs. My family has history of diabetes, high blood pressure and obesity. I am very scared that I will fall into that vicious bucket. I am looking for some motivation.

-SS
  • Hippieissmiling
    Options
    Hi Emmalee!

My name is Sarah and I've used MFP consistently for about a month now and it has definitely helped me managed the balance between working out and my caloric intake.

Since I was very young I have struggled with my weight. A lot of it has to do with growing up thinking that potatoes and corn were vegetables, but most of it comes from emotional eating. I also have a tendency to go for fast and easy even though I LOVE to cook! I've tried numerous diet plans, products, etc. and nothing has worked as well for me and been REALLY easy to commit to as the 90 Day Challenge with Body By Vi!! Have you heard of it?

I lost 30 lbs my first 90 days and had a ton of energy so I got a gym membership :) Now I'm working on toning while I lose. I've lost a total of 48 lbs so far and my body has really changed! My profile picture has a split of my progress on the challenge I started Jan 30th of this year. I used to work in an office environment and this worked great for me to be able to stop ordering in with all of my co-workers and was way cheaper than that too!!
  • NK102
    NK102 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Emmalee! CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss and your engagement.
    I am Nina and I am getting married in November and I need to lose 35 lbs! Yikes! I have used MFP on and off and been loosing and gaining the same 5 lbs. However now, I am on it and I need and will give as much support and I can.
    I am also creating a better healthy life style for my future, so this is no yo yo planner. Feel free to add me to your list. We can all use a little push in the right direction or commiseration from time to time.
    Oh, I am 58 years old, 5'3.5"... today I weighed 135 lbs and I need to get down to 105 to really feel good. I have had a really crazy year with 2 minor surgeries and my mother having 4 strokes. Needless to say, I haven't worked out much in the last year. I am new to really using MFP to the best of my abilities, you know reaching out, working out, recording every bite, but I am really holding myself accountable, for myself. So I can be as healthy as I used to be, about 2 years ago!

Hit me up!
    Nina
  • FatIsNotGood4Me
    FatIsNotGood4Me Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Emmalee, just started MFP on Friday. :smile:

I got engaged to the man I've been living with (and love!) for the past 9 years at the end of June 2012. Our wedding date is May 24th, 2014. This was my major motivation for weight loss... that and due to depression + anxiety and general hard times, I gained like 40-50 pounds over the years from emotional eating and eating irresponsibly because I did not care about myself therefore I didn't care what I ate!

Since mid-October 2012 I've lost 10 lbs (my heaviest was 200 lbs and now I'm 190 lbs). This is without MFP. Last Thursday I saw a Nutritionist and he suggested I start using this website so I'm a newbie. I'm hoping it will help me get my eating habits straightened around. If my diet was a little more strict, I probably would have lost more by now... but I am still happy with achieving at least this goal. I definitely see a difference in my body tone and certain curves are more noticeable.

I work in an office setting and I am fortunate enough to have 2 hour lunch breaks three times a week to go to the gym. I decided to invest in a Personal Trainer. At the beginning from October to December/January I was seeing him twice a week and we did VERY intense workouts. Now I see him once a week and I go on my own 2-3 times. At this point and before I saw the Nutritionist I was just reducing my caloric intake and easing up on the carbohydrates. I was still ordering take-out though. Now I've made a pact with my Trainer that for the next 4 weeks him & I will not eat out or order delivery. So far this weekend I've been doing great; I've made two meals at home from the "Fresh Food Fast" cookbook from Cooking Light..... You see, I really don't enjoy cooking so this is a huge step for me.

I can't wait to lose more and I am extremely motivated. If you need motivation, I'm probably what you need, so add me. lol.
    I still have a ways to go, but I'm confident I will be successful now that I have MFP.

Thanks for reading!
    Emmalee

Congrats !! Good luck achieving your goals!!!