5'6 ladies goal weight

Options

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Anyone here have a goal weight higher than 140?
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I finally checked this out today and learned a lot about what my goals should be and also where I am right now using the various calculators they provide. I'm 5'6" and aiming for 145. http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Wow ladies thanks for all the responses:)
  • hollyd_r4c
    hollyd_r4c Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my goal weight is 160. I also have a muscular frame. Was 140 in junior high don't think I want to go that far back but we'll see once I get there.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Errr, I'm 5 7"
    My goal weight is around 123lbs.
    My body fat goal is 17%
  • ShannonS2714
    ShannonS2714 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My first goal weight is about 150....but, clothes fit and what I see in the mirror. I'll be doing heavy lifting, so I may end up happy with myself at a higher scale weight than even that....

For me, personally, I was way too skinny at 120...but I have a medium build and an hourglass shape.
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Anyone here have a goal weight higher than 140?

There were two near the top who had goals of 170 and 180. I'll settle for anything that's consistently under 150, probably around 145. I just want to be fit and healthy.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal BF% of about 18 - 19% at 148lb. Just started bulking so my goal weight is as high in the 150's as I can get while being at a 17 - 19% BF% (depending on where I end up re body composition).
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my goal weight is around 150. Right now I am 181 and a size 12 (US). I have a large frame and fat2fitradio says my goal weight should be 166 for a 26% BF%. I'm more concerned with my BF% than scale weight, so we'll see where I end up.
  • tarayatesgosse
    Options
    For about 14 years my body averaged 144. I would love to get back to that. I was an average size 14. I felt like my body was SUPPOSED to be 144 because I could not get it to dip below. While on diet pills I got down to 129 but I gained it back fast and I think my head looked too big for my body. Then I was a small size 14 but 12's still really would not fit.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I have no idea anymore. I'm 5,6, I started at 217 and picked 147 as my goal since that's 70 pounds (a nice round number) and when I last weighed about that much, I was happy with my size. I wore a 6 (US) at that weight 10 years ago. However, back then I didn't work out, I got to that weight by dieting alone. I bought a pair of size 8 pants the other day and I currently weigh 170. I believe I weighed 155 when I last wore an 8. I know vanity sizing is a thing now, so that may be all the explanation I need for this anomaly, but I also see how working out has changed my body.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I have no idea anymore. I'm 5,6, I started at 217 and picked 147 as my goal since that's 70 pounds (a nice round number) and when I last weighed about that much, I was happy with my size. I wore a 6 (US) at that weight 10 years ago. However, back then I didn't work out, I got to that weight by dieting alone. I bought a pair of size 8 pants the other day and I currently weigh 170. I believe I weighed 155 when I last wore an 8. I know vanity sizing is a thing now, so that may be all the explanation I need for this anomaly, but I also see how working out has changed my body.

Agree, the exercise makes a big difference. I had a bunch of size 14 pants from 10 years ago when I weighed about 175. By working out (mostly running and lifting) I was able to get back into them weighing about 195 and have since sent them off to Good Will b/c they were too big once I moved into the 180's. Vanity sizing doesn't explain this since they are the same clothes, not "new" size 14s.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    You can see where I started and what my goal weight is from my ticker. I may change my final goal by another 10 pounds if I feel its necessary but won't know till I reach my main goal.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options

Agree, the exercise makes a big difference. I had a bunch of size 14 pants from 10 years ago when I weighed about 175. By working out (mostly running and lifting) I was able to get back into them weighing about 195 and have since sent them off to Good Will b/c they were too big once I moved into the 180's. Vanity sizing doesn't explain this since they are the same clothes, not "new" size 14s.

That's interesting, thanks for sharing that! I'm thinking I may need to change to a body fat % goal instead of a goal weight.
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6-5'7ish...

my goal for now is 150 by the end of 2013

I've lost 40 so far and have 100 to go..

really I would love to get to 125. idk if that's possible for me, but I'm just doing one goal at a time. baby steps!
  • divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    my first goal is 160, then re-evalute. I think I can get down to 145-150 and get to my BF goal of 18-20%. I have a huge muscular frame, and in high school was 150 without lifting and a size 14 jeans. This go 'round, I plan to be lifting, so we'll see what shakes out at the end. i really don't care what the scale says at that point, I just wanna be ripped.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and am currently 140. I am trying to get down to 16% body fat from my current 23%. I was thinking I'd be around 125-130 when I get there?
  • BoJenks
    BoJenks Posts: 11
    Options
    It all depends on your body shape (where you gain weight) and frame size, 140 pounds is a very nice healthy weight that looks good on a lot of 5'6" females! However, personally I'm 5'6 and I'm always fluctuating between 160 and 145 but I don't look fit at any weight in this range because I have a small frame and tend to hold weight in my mid section so my current GW is between 125 and 130. Good luck!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and would like to be 115-120. I have a pretty small frame, so I think in that range would be good.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your body shape, frame and muscles. My goal weight is 180. I have a medium frame and working on big, muscular thighs and calves (not a lot of fat to lose there buy the muscle mass will cause an increase in weight) and I will feel best when I still have some fat because I like what it looks like. I personally would never want to be skinny.