The oil cleansing Method

Options
CheriLMT
CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
I am so happy about this that I had to share...I thought this was crazy when I read it but I was desperate....I am 27 years old and I have had horrible acne the past few months...nothing helped. Then my sister said some about using oil on your face so I looked it up...I made a mix of 1/4 cup castor oil and 3/4 cup olive oil (this will last a long time as you only use a small amount) you then spread it all over your face for a couple of minutes (it takes make-up off like a champ), them have a wash cloth with hot water available and over face to "steam" face let cool and them repeat 1-2 more times. After this gently wash off no need to scrub...I have done this for a week now and would there is at least a 50% improvement in face already...its awesome and feels great!

Replies

• redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Oh thank god this was a skin thing and not a diet cleansing thing. I imagined it would not have been pretty.

Vitamin E oil works real well for me, especially in the summer because it helps heal sunburns and things. Always nice when we find what works for us!
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    yes olive oil is great... but argan oil is better... :) i started rubbing argan oil on my face and my red spots went away.. i get alot of redness under my nose (from pregnancy)

i no longer use oil though i bought this moisturizer and i dont wear foundation or powder on my face.. and i make sure to use make-up remover and my face looks so much better! (i have extremely dry skin) i no longer suffer that problem
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    yes olive oil is great... but argan oil is better... :) i started rubbing argan oil on my face and my red spots went away.. i get alot of redness under my nose (from pregnancy)

i no longer use oil though i bought this moisturizer and i dont wear foundation or powder on my face.. and i make sure to use make-up remover and my face looks so much better! (i have extremely dry skin) i no longer suffer that problem

I have never thought of any of this before...but I do use argan oil on my hair so I have a bottle of that in my bathroom. I will definitely give that a try!
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    definitely thought this was gonna be about that thing where you swish oil in your mouth for 10 minutes. so glad it wasn't. i'm happy you found something that works so well for you!
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    So glad you found something that helps. I've been reading a lot about wheat sensitivity lately. People who stop eating wheat have their acne clear up, also other rashes on their bodies, and many other symptoms including the most common intestinal symptoms. You might think about it.
  • fairie_marie
    Options
    Oh thank god this was a skin thing and not a diet cleansing thing. I imagined it would not have been pretty.

Vitamin E oil works real well for me, especially in the summer because it helps heal sunburns and things. Always nice when we find what works for us!

I thought that was where this was going as well.. Castor oil when drank is far from pretty..
  • CheriLMT
    Options
    definitely thought this was gonna be about that thing where you swish oil in your mouth for 10 minutes. so glad it wasn't. i'm happy you found something that works so well for you!
    Haha thats funny because my sister told me to look up oil pulling and thats what came and I was like no way and she was like thats the wrong thing!
  • CheriLMT
    Options
    So glad you found something that helps. I've been reading a lot about wheat sensitivity lately. People who stop eating wheat have their acne clear up, also other rashes on their bodies, and many other symptoms including the most common intestinal symptoms. You might think about it.
    I know my diet has been negatively affecting my body....my face as well as my IBS...I just have to get back on track
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I need to try this! Thank you for the info:)
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I have been washing my face with coconut oil and I love how soft it makes my skin! Plus, make-up comes off very easily.