the red negative signs in my daily goal upsets me!

Options
I have a habit of planning what to eat before the day actually starts,
so when i add uneaten food to the dairy and see those red -ve signs it really upsets me
like fat and proteins so i have to replan basically everything again :'(
but it's so hard to strike a balance between the food,
especially people say don't eat fat with carbs, how is that even possible?
so i can't have any burgers / wraps?
well you better kill me if i have to live with that lol
plus, people say if u intake 60%or more carbs within your DAILY INTAKE CALORIES
you will be having a hard time losing weight.
So the whole food planning thing is really bothering me a lot :(

Replies

• 7opoundsin16weeks
    7opoundsin16weeks Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    you're not the only one
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    You can go into MY HOME> Goals> Change goals > (choose) Custom

There you can change your macros so you can have more fats and it may be easier for you.

I have mine set at 45% Fats 25% Protein 30% Carbs. That's the way I like to eat anyway.

But, you don't have to make them all match up- it's hard to do at first. Like anything else, it takes practice. Just concentrate on staying at your calorie goal and slowly tweak the macros.

Don't get too obsessed with that. That's how people develop eating disorders. :wink:

*edit spelling
  • CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    If it's the good kinds of fats (polyunsaturated and monounsaturated=good saturated=bad) don't worry about it too much, and definitely don't worry about the protein. It helps in maintaining your muscle mass while you lose weight! You wanna keep as much as possible, otherwise you'll look all flabby still.. I have been having a little trouble staying under on my sugar and sodium, but I know that's from eating more processed foods than I should. Just eat the freshest possible food and you're body will figure out the little details
  • bethb41
    bethb41 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks! I have been wanting to change the % since I started. Generally, I ignore the red as long as total calories are OK>
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I went way over on sugar today, but it was all naturally derived from fruits, so I don't worry about that. If I go over on protein, meh.
  • jjlibunao
    jjlibunao Posts: 78
    Options
    Yup - I don't mind if I see the negative red signs in protein because (when I'm good sticking to my low carb diet), they'll be high numbers in the protein. But i don't like seeing the red signs in the calories!
  • jestersand
    jestersand Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    " people say don't eat fat with carbs" never heard of this. Maybe it's worded wrong. I generally don't eat more then 45g of carbs per day and when I do, it is at two crucial times in the day...1) in the morning. That's the energy source that fuels every aspect of your body, more importantly your brain. 2) before or after a workout. Your body uses carbs first. If you deprive the body of carbs during this period, the lack of carb source will switch over to deplete the muscle fuel source. You really don't want that. having a healthy muscle if what keeps you burning more and more calories. During the day when you are less active you really don't use up much fat or carbs which is where it is good to just eat protein and veggies. Hope that helps.