petty jealousy problems...

Options
okay for real. serious question.

i'm totally jealous, and its totally petty... and i know it. k?
my goal is not to make anybody upset or make anyone feel... awkward?

but seriously, i am 128 pounds... and i see all these BOMB gals who are like 140-150 and up, and
they have WAY hotter bodies than i do... like bikini able...

HOW does this happen?!

i mean i know i have a little one and what not... but like where the hell are you hiding 30+ pounds?!?!?!?!

i'm super jealous, and i want to know like from you ladies, is it just a complete different body build... or just mere fact that we are harder on ourselves than other people?... =\

Replies

• Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Lifting. Heavy. Trading fat for lean mass. Do yourself a favor - toss the scale and pick up The New Rules of Lifting for Women.

GL!
  • jestersand
    jestersand Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Definitely our own worst critics, but I feel you on the jealousy. I have what i refer to as a tree trunk shape. I don't have curves at all so to me, I would need to really hit a 98lb goal to feel good in a bikini. My breasts are tiny and the only part of me I can maybe work with it my gigantic bootay. I figure if I make it rounder and fuller with a million squats, it will give me some shape. From what I hear, men like booties more than breasts, so I find some hope in that.
  • arsimpson1
    arsimpson1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    They may just have more muscle mass or their height can play a role. I'm short so some of my tall friends weigh more than me but look better and slimmer ( NO fair) lol
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Lifting. Heavy. Trading fat for lean mass...

Try it. You'll like it! :flowerforyou:
  • sleepyshannon
    Options
    the answer to your question is that those girls lift weights. That IS THE ENTIRE DIFFERENCE> it has nothing to do with being more hard on yourself. Do a quick google search to see how much space 5 lbs of fat takes up vs five lbs of muscle. Muscle is much denser (read: takes up less space). So a 128 pound lifter compared to a 128 lb no lifter: the lifter will be much smaller and leaner (less body fat) probably. if you like that body type you should start lifting. but you have to really actually be able to break up with the scale.
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I just saw your post from Friday and umm you are looking pretty great! Enjoy this moment b/c you work hard to earn it.
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    People that post pictures generally pick the most flattering ones they have. Usually they don't look like that in real life. I know it sounds cynical, but how many times have you seen a profile picture and then at different angles, the person looks like someone completely different.
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Height and thighs. One you can't change, the other you can complain about being too big. Muscle mass and body fat distribution also come into it.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    lifting, astanga/vinyasa yoga, pilates
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be mean here but one realistic possibility is that although you weigh less, you may have a higher body fat % which will make you appear bigger and somewhat flabby. It's called skinny fat. Workout and lift some weights :) it should help.
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    People that post pictures generally pick the most flattering ones they have. Usually they don't look like that in real life. I know it sounds cynical, but how many times have you seen a profile picture and then at different angles, the person looks like someone completely different.

You mean the cropped single frame of me from a 45+ minute video at 29.97 FPS? Nope, no reason I cropped that one out of the 80,919+ I could have chosen even though I now weigh less than when I took that video. Hmmm... if I I didn't hate animated GIFs so much I could've gone with that whole stroke.
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    im a little over a week into insanity, and i dont 'feel' skinny fat... i just feel... fatter? idk? squishy? muffiny? i dont even know, i just dont look like THAT....

i really want to buy a victoria secret bikini and rock it this summer, but i feel like unless i'm like in the teens and toned as F8ck, its just going to be all kinds of gross....

i just dont understand how someone can weight 20-40 pounds more and look smaller i guess....
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    The answer is heavy lifting to build lean body mass, and reducing BF%. But at this point you are just refusing to understand. Other people have told you already.
  • pixish
    pixish Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Are you also taking into account, difference in heights?
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Are you also taking into account, difference in heights?

This too. Makes a big difference in appearance, weight being equal.
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    The answer is heavy lifting to build lean body mass, and reducing BF%. But at this point you are just refusing to understand. Other people have told you already.

wow, nothing nice to say?

i got it. body fat%, lifting. thanks. jesus. i'm not daft.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options

wow, nothing nice to say?

i got it. body fat%, lifting. thanks. jesus. i'm not daft.

To give you some numbers to put with it... I'm 5'7'' I have 122-124 pounds of lean body mass. At my goal weight of 150 (everything remaining the same) I'll have a body fat of 17.5-19%. Right now, I'm still over my goal but when I get there (and when I was there before) I have a good amount of muscle that gives a much better shape than I would have if I had less muscle and weighed less even at the same body fat percentage.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Lola_Rogers
    Lola_Rogers Posts: 107
    Options
    you just keep doing what you are doing.. when you first start insanity/lifting you don't get skinny cause first its fat (start) and then its fat and muscle (process ) and then its muscle (result) .. when its fat and muscle you feel bulky puffy bigger wider thicker..etc . rather than slender or skinny. thats what i exactly went through. thats temporary.. you will get lean and be able to walk around with your VS bikini :) and you look great by the way!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Lifting. Heavy. Trading fat for lean mass. Do yourself a favor - toss the scale and pick up The New Rules of Lifting for Women.

GL!

QFW :bigsmile:
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    In muscles! That's where. Lift heavy and get a hot curvy bod. :smile: