Help with cheat days!

I was wondering if any of you have cheat days in your diet and how you go about them! I don't know what the best way to have them is. Do you eat whatever you want without counting calories on your cheat days? or do you eat within your calorie limit, or do you eat as much healthy things as you want, etc etc. I'm confused, and I don't want to get off this road of eating well by having a cheat day and ending up going through a week of cheat -_- help!

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    I would recommend either eating at maintenance that day, or just having a cheat meal. In the end, it's calories in calories out, but going completely nuts on a cheat day can slow down your progress. On the other hand, some people find they lose right after a cheat day.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    It's really an issue of your mindset as much as anything. Some people refuse to have a cheat day because it derails them in their efforts, others use them to keep themselves in line, and some people will have 'cheat meals'. Personally, I give myself one day each week to not worry about what I eat or how much and I don't really log anything. What I find is that after my 'cheat day' is over, I feel ready to get back to logging, counting, and exercising for the rest of the week. In a sense, it's a way to refresh myself.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    I eat what I want to but I go ahead and log it unless I go to one particular restaurant where it's hard to tell exactly how much food I've had. I call it a "fool my body" day. The people on my friend's list know I'm having one of those days because of the notification on the feed and I put it on my food log notes too. They don't happen often but they DO happen. :D Enjoy!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    And for me, I never cheat because I know it would derail me and I'd start eating that way more and more often. I'm only cheating myself.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    I just had a cheat day and man I feel like crap. I totally screwed up and went overboard. So I decided to set some rules for myself. My cheat days are really just cheat meals. And with those meals, I try not to go over my maintenance amount of calories. Mine is 3,000 calories so I should be able to stay below that with one meal no problem. I plan for my cheat meal by getting a little extra exercise that day so it won't be such a hit on my calories. And on deciding what my cheat day will be, I decided either once every two weeks or when I've lost 3 lbs. whichever comes first.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    I have a cheat day, but I still account for it. If I really really really want pizza, I will make sure I eat something healthy for lunch and breakfast so I have some extra calories for supper. That way I still get what I'm craving, but I don't kill my progress.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    What does it matter about rules if you are cheating?
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Iv just had friday and saturday off for easter now Im excited to get back to it. Iv got 15-20lbs til goal and 1 weekend off isnt going to hurt me too badly. Im actually sick of chocolates and junk now lol. I havent logged my weekend but instead just relaxed and now im back and going to focus harder then before!