Yoplait yogurt, yes or no?

Options
I like to have this yoplait no fat skim milk yogurt with strawberry (125g served)
and the nutrition is like this:
47cal
5.1g protein
0.13g fat
0.4 dietary fibre
6.3g carbs
5.8g sugars
0.2g added sugars

is this considered good for losing weight?
i don't like greek yogurt, is there any kind of yogurt that i can replace with if this is not a good choice?
what brands are they?
THX!;)

Replies

• katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    if you ate the slightly higher fat version it would make you feel more satified/fuller longer or when you're eating it
    it also would likely have less sugar when they take the fat out they add more sugar

the most healthy is using plain yogurt and adding in your own fruit
    you can add a little sweetener of your own, but liquids work best
    any thing granular like sugar will be like little rocks and don't dissolve well.

or get a large container of the sweetened and the plain, add your own fruit
    and mix the 2 kinds together till you can get used to eating less sugar

you can also make your own yogurt with a cooler and some christmas lights
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Plain yogurt and extract of choice. Add fruits and sprinkle some chopped nuts.
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I used to hate greek yogurt but it's nice with sweetener or blended with frozen berries.
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    CHOBANI !
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I would say it's not a good choice. Have you looked in the ingredients in most yoplait yogurts? Usually added sugars, High fructose corn syrup (thats how they get away with saying "no added sugar" and it's really bad for you) not as much protein as possible.

If you don't like greek yogurt, why not try the vanilla flavors or the honey flavors? I can't imagine anyone who likes regular yogurt who wouldn't like the vanilla or honey flavored greek yogurts. Don't give up on it yet! it's so much better for you.

PS: a sidenote in case you're not already doing so, look at the INGREDIENTS before the nutrition label. If the INGREDIENTS are crap, you already know to put it back.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Plain natural yoghurt is what you need - the full fat version. Just be careful of your portion size.

Low fat, non fat stuff - rubbish!
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Try chobani

Fat free and 15g protein
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of picking up some Yoplait vanilla "Greek" yogurt yesterday. After getting used to Fage as well as my own homemade, this stuff is just awful. Nasty. Way too sweet (sugar is the second ingredient). They have some nerve even calling it yogurt. BLEH!
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Yes. Just be sure to get the HFCS free version. Also be sure it has no artificial sweeteners.
  • Proyecto_AN
    Proyecto_AN Posts: 387
    Options
    Plain yogurt and extract of choice. Add fruits and sprinkle some chopped nuts.

^ this
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    CHOBANI !

Yup
  • StrongAtLast
    StrongAtLast Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Also, try different brands of the greek yogurts....Personally, I hate the yoplait and kroger brands..but I like Trader Joes, and chobani, for example...
    You can also try mixing in your regular yoplait with cottage cheese. (I actually food process my CC so it's smooth and mix 1/2 cc and 1/2 flavored yogurt)...
  • norrisski
    norrisski Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I use Fage nonfat and added granola, stevia,fresh berries, or sometimes tsp full of jam (sugar free kind).
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Plain natural yoghurt is what you need - the full fat version. Just be careful of your portion size.

Low fat, non fat stuff - rubbish!

This! I love full fat yogurt, but I buy vanilla. Plain is just TOO plain for me. I also do full fat greek in different flavors and I love it. Dannon Oikos and Fage are the best greek yogurts, in my opinion.
  • blleadon
    blleadon Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I eat them more now since they took the high fructose corn syrup out of them. Hasn't hurt my weight loss.
  • chelseaad
    chelseaad Posts: 11
    Options
    I also dislike greek yogurt. But a good idea for plain yogurt is to add almond or vanilla extract along with fresh fruit. Makes it taste sweet w/o adding sugar.
  • klhessling
    klhessling Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I make my own unsweetened plain yogurt with organic milk. It's easy and dirt cheap.
  • Phany04
    Phany04 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I loveeeeee yoplait Greek! 100 calories, low in sugar, high in protein. :) I also like dannon Greek light
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Fat free is fine for me. Greek Yogurt keeps me full a long time. I'd go full fat but then I'd probably go over on calories a lot!